Before you ask please READ THIS

Contact page does not work!

eveeve
edited July 2013 in Beach Please Posts: 5
Unfortunately my contact page is not working, the page is installed alright, unfortunately does not send the email to the recipient.
I've already set the email to "BP Apollo13 Theme> Main Settings> Contact Form Settings" still does not work.

I look forward eagerly to solve this problem.

graciously

Everton

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello eve

This problem often occurs on some servers, and it often ends up that you have to set something on your server about mailing.

Use some plugin for contact forms(or create new user account in WP) to see if your server is even sending mails, cause our template uses main wordpress mail function. However if it says success, then maybe something else is badly configured.

Hope that helps.

With regards.
  • eveeve
    I contacted the server and it seems that the problem is of the form, would not want to install another plugin contact. How can we solve this problem ... Aluma something must be wrong in fomr ...
  • AirAir
    Hello

That is great, but have you tested what I asked you?
    Air said: Use some plugin for contact forms(or create new user account in WP) to see if your server is even sending mails, cause our template uses main wordpress mail function.
    It is important to test it to check what in your wordpress doesn't work. As I said this form uses same mechanism for sending mails as rest of wordpress:-)
    Always when users come to forum asking about not working contact form it ends up that there is some issues with default mailing settings.

With regards.
    Hi, i have been redirected to this post as my contact form is not working, yet i have tested everything and still no avail. Please can you suggest what process and checks to be aware of to fix this issue?
    Thanks,
    Wendy
  • AirAir
    Hi f18ffy
    f18ffy said: i have tested everything and still no avail
    So what is the result? Are you receiving mails from your wordpress?
    I mean this procedure:
    Air said: Use some plugin for contact forms(or create new user account in WP) to see if your server is even sending mails, cause our template uses main wordpress mail function.
    With regards.
    Hi, Same problem here, form doesn't work, I already created a new user, I received an email in the admin email but not in the destination email. I guess this is nor correct.? Why can I do
  • AirAir
    OK so it does look like some issue. Could you please send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option to send message) . In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

With regards.
  • eveeve
    Unfortunately I tried to install other plugins form and none is working. It seems that the theme itself is preventing the sending of email to the email destination .. Please help me to solve this problem as soon as I'm not working contact form.
  • AirAir
    edited July 2013 Posts: 10,970
    eve said: It seems that the theme itself is preventing the sending of email to the email destination
    :-)
    If none of plugins is working then you can't make such conclusions. But I won't explain why it is so.
    akatzuki who also responded in this topic had same problem. After checking his WP installation I advised him to contact with server administrator and this what he wrote to me after:
    Thank You! Everything seems working fine by now. I asked about the contact form with namecheap, they helped me I don't know what they have done on the server config, they have installed one plug in and now is working fine.
    So please also follow my advise and contact your hosting provider. Tell them you have problem with sending mails from your wordpress installation.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • eveeve
    Good afternoon! Ja I contacted several times with my hosting provider, and all contacts, a test was made to send email, and it was positive, but only in the template is not working. Can not tell you that the test was done, and unfortunately they do not support wordpress. As already wrote in another comment above, many plugins already installed forms and yet none worked .. Please contact depend very page, has to be a way for you to help me, please! I await anxiously.
  • AirAir
    Hello

I would love to help you, but I can not configure your server. I believe you understand it.

I suppose you still think it is our theme issue, right?
    If yes then please delete it, or activate other one(other theme), and test then. If mail will be send then please come back to me and I will try to find issue. If it is still the same, and your hosting provider can't help you then I can only advise to change hosting.

Just for your information - bad configuration of mailing server is often problem in many hosting providers of our clients, unfortunately.

Hope you will resolve your problem ASAP.

With regards.
  • eveeve
    I installed the following plugin: Configuring WP Mail SMTP for wordpress ...
    And I used the mail () in PHP to send emails. I took the test and it worked perfectly, but tested the contact form and it did not work .. What is the method of sending the template?
  • AirAir
    I got info from other user about plugin he installed to configure WP
    akatzuki said:I forgot to give you the name of the plugins to make the contact form work, the plugins were SMTP WP, and Contact Form Manager, in case someone else needs it.
    Try these please.

About your question: in theme we use wp_mail()(you can see it in advance\utilities.php line ~499) - it is the same that is used by core wordpress and other contact plugins like Contact form 7.

With regards.
    Hello

i have problems with the mail think, i added a new user but with no mail received.

So what can i do to fix this mailing think?
  • AirAir
    Hello

Try this "install plugin Configuring WP Mail SMTP for wordpress"

I think you could get some help on general Wordpress forums, cause now it is not theme issue but WP/server configuration.

With regards.