Before you ask please READ THIS

Contact Map

edited July 2013 in Beach Please Posts: 17
Hello!

I've bought Beach Theme just a few hours before, is a nice and fast theme, I love it!, but I have encounter a issue in the contact area.

As documentation said, I copy the link in Google Maps, paste it on the contact area preferences, and click on save, the problems comes here, it seems the theme can't save the link after clicking save, the theme redirects me to a 404 error page in my webpage the only way I've been able to save correctly in this preference area is by not having any link written on the text box.

So I am stuck in this loop.

I'd be glad to have some help.

Best Regards

Luis

Comments

Ok, I found that the save issue is also applying in the social area, I paste a link click save and it goes away from WP panel to domaun 404 error, any help?
    Any help?? Common I am starting to be a little bothered by this!
    Contact Form does not work, never had problems with previous themes!
    Screen Shot 2013-07-15 at 10.31.05 PM.jpg
    1920 x 1878 - 167K
  • AirAir
    edited July 2013 Posts: 10,970
    Hello akatzuki, Kurama here;-)

Firstly thanks for nice words about theme.

So while you are saving options in admin panel you get 404 page in some subpages?
    1. Do you have any activated plugins?
    2. Could you share link to your page, maybe there is some issues with permalinks?
    akatzuki said: Any help?? Common I am starting to be a little bothered by this!
    Dear user, if you read topic, that you should read before asking http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/12/before-you-ask-read-this-#Item_1 , then you know that:
    Please be aware that answer should appear in 48h(weekends have own rights), as we live in different parts of world.
    Keep that in mind.
    Please be patient and thanks for understanding.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    Hello again.

I have just seen your comment on themeForest under our theme. I must say this is very unfair to put such comment there, cause you didn't get ultra fast answer while you know support forum rules(that I have cited above).

Please correct your comment there, cause such comments only hurt our business, and we always give here our best to help people(just check other topics).

Thanks.

With regards.
    I just have read the policy of 48hr. I'm sorry to was harsh, I'm not going to lie, I am used to faster services but I understand you already wrote about this policy and I was the one that didn't read it basically it is my fault the misunderstanding, I wrote another comment on theme forest because I don't want to hurt your business because despite the misunderstanding I still think you are doing great templates.

About the errors I've got I have tried different things.

-I'm on Wordpress 3.5.2
    -I had plugins, I have tried with them actived and deactivated.
    -I uninstall and install the themes 3 times.
    -I had random troubles I'll tell you a list.

the link is this http://www.luiscastillo.net

Random Problems

-I couldn't use the save button (Error 404), while paste the link on the map (I use the coordinates)
    -I could write my twitter and save then couldn't used the social to add more (Error 404), then I could add linkedind and then again no more (Error 404)
    -Contact Form does not send emails, I created a new user and I received an email to my admin mail, but not to the destination email.
    -I had the theme as black, and without anything it change to light one,( I have just changed using css background-color.)

hope this will make you easy for you to tell me what's going on.

• AirAir
    Hi there :-)
    Thanks for new comment on TF :-) And to be honest we usually respond in few hours, but life is life:-) and sometimes 'shit happens' like Forest Gump said;-) and we sleep or can't give answer right away :-)

Back to the topic:
    akatzuki said: -I couldn't use the save button (Error 404), while paste the link on the map (I use the coordinates)
    -I could write my twitter and save then couldn't used the social to add more (Error 404), then I could add linkedind and then again no more (Error 404)
    About 404 error once appearing on save and once not - I had such issue once in previous history of support, and even when I received WP and FTP access I couldn't understand why WP is acting this way on this particular server. I couldn't recreate this issue anywhere else, nor other users where reporting such things.
    akatzuki said: Contact Form does not send emails, I created a new user and I received an email to my admin mail, but not to the destination email.
    This is odd. I have just tested it and I have seen that it doesn't send e-mails. It may be some misconfiguration in server but I would have to firstly take a look how does code behave on your server.
    akatzuki said: I had the theme as black, and without anything it change to light one,( I have just changed using css background-color.)
    This also could be other issue and also connected with server configuration.

I have three solutions for now:
    1. If you have access to different server from different hosting provider then please test theme there.
    2. Some plugins may break WP installation even after removing them. I saw such behaviour with compression and cache plugins. So if you can it would be good to test theme on fresh WP also.
    3. You could send me temporary access to your WP and FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option to send message) . In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

I hope we will sort this out.

With regards.