Before you ask please READ THIS

loading photos on Bricks album

edited April 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 13
Hi again!
I have albums using the Bricks format.
Now, when the page loads, only a portion of the images is loaded.
I have 60 images in the album, it initially loads the first 30 and when you scroll down you can see more images loading.

The problem I have is when only the first portion loads. If i click to see zoom of one image, the total number of the images is 30 instead of 60, and by clicking on the next image arrow I only reach till image no 30 and I never get to see the remaining 30.
The only way to see from the lightbox all 60 images is if you had scrolled till all 60 have been loaded.
Any way to fix this?
thanks!
Post edited by webalizeit on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

I understand the issue, but it is not easy to solve and I don't know if it will be fixed. It would require deeper connection between lightbox and lazy load scripts which will rather deny work of lazy load script, mainly in bigger collections of photos. I will think about it but for now now proper solutions, to keep all benefits, comes to my mind.

With regards.
  • how can I deactivate the "lazy load"? Does it hurt any other functions of the album?
    thanks!
  • AirAir
    Hello,

Sorry for late reply...

You can't deactivate lazy load, mainly it will hurt your visitors when you upload so many photos to one album. I will think of some solution, maybe scrolling to item when changing photo in lightbox, it could activate lazy load. Will see is it possible.

With regards.
  • client is in hurry to publish the site.
    Can I easily temporarily deactivate the "next" and previous" and number of album photos function in the lightbox?
    at least till you find a solution.
    This way the user will have to click to each picture to see the zoom and wont get fooled on the number of available pictures
  • AirAir
    Hello

To hide counter: http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/2497#Comment_2497 point 6
    I don't see reason to sacrifice interface and hide arrows to move around, but if you really need use this custom CSS:
    .nyroModalPrev, .nyroModalNext{ display: none; }
    webalizeit said: client is in hurry to publish the site.
    Is this something new?:-)

With regards.

• I have to remove the arrows cause they dont reach the end of the gallery and I dont want the user to think photos stop where arrows take him.
    Please help me here, I put in style.css at the end

.nyroModalCount {
    display: none;
    }
    .nyroModalPrev, .nyroModalNext { display: none; }

I updated and deleted cache but I still see the arrows and the numbers. What do I do wrong?
    thanks!
  • I lost you there..
    I dont use the compressed css.
    and there is no such styles in the user.css
    I thought adding the code you gave at the end of the style.css would do the job

Mind you my friend, I am trying to find a solution to a bug here, I am not asking for something extra..
  • Last comment from me, the "display none" didnt work. What I did was to find the nyroModalCount , nyroModalPrev nyroModalNext in styles.css and replace the arrow image and the color of the text to make them... "invisible".
    Its a sloppy solution...the links are still there.
    But it works.
    If you come with a better solution or you update this in a future version I would appreciate an email.
    thanks!
  • AirAir
    O man :-)
    If you don't use compressed styles then it should work by adding this styles at end of style.css or by custom CSS plugin. Always if it not work just like that, then same rules with !important will do the trick:

.nyroModalCount {
    display: none !important;
    }
    .nyroModalPrev, .nyroModalNext {
    display: none !important;
    }
    With regards.
  • AirAir
    Hello,

This issue have been fixed in new version. You can download it on themeforest : http://themeforest.net/item/hypershot-photography-portfolio-wordpress-theme/3391790

With regards.
  • thank you! would it be possible to tell me which files to upload/replace? the site is in the air I dont want to go to the procedure of replacing the whole theme.
    much appreciated, thanks
  • AirAir
    Sorry I don't have such list. Just follow update info in documentation - it takes minute and Wordpress will inform your clients that site is being updated in that time.

With regards.