Before you ask please READ THIS

Ad. 1.2 update - missing Album option Fit when needed, Twitter bug, Addthis bug.

edited April 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 2
Hello,
I want to thank you for this beautiful theme! I have several issues and kindly ask you for your assistance:

In 1.2 update dissapeared Album option -> fit when needed. Is it a mistake? I didn't see it in changelog. I'm unfortunately using only this option, because I have albums with mixed landscape & portrait photos with relatively small resolution and want users see it 1:1, not resized to fit -> blured. For example http://martinkup.cz/fotografie/krajinky/

Next, there is probably a mistate in Twitter Widget - bad link for Twitter #hash tags -> leading to nonexisting page. I changed it manualy to https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=#apollo13
It would be nice to have a Twitter widget rendering data as static text, so it could be visible for search engines.

It would be nice to improve SEO possibilities of theme, as many information is hidden in javascript and further improve sharing images, pages and albums on social networks. Also it would be nice to have more shorttags for text format and support of Font Awesome (as there exists plugin, but without shorttags).

I'm not sure, if it is related to WP or Theme v.1.2, but I noticed in my PHP 5.4 server PHP Fatal Error in theme-update-checker.php inside method injectUpdate() in function toWpFormat(). Error message: "Call to a member function toWpFormat() on a non-object". Temporarily it helps add doc block for whole method.

In version before 1.2 I modified Addthis Share Options @ album-view-full.js, as there was major problems with displaying Addthis Widget, may be not working with current Addthis code.

I'm adding Czech translation for version before 1.2 as attachment.

zip
zip
cs_CZ.zip
zip
zip
cs_CZ.zip

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there!

Firstly thanks for translation, you are first one to provide us such files, so pretty nice:-)

fit when needed
    I have checked and everything is on its place. I also checked source of update file and it is there. Have you updated manually or uploaded whole zip file? Maybe you have some kind of old version(?!?)

Twitter
    As I don't use at all twitter I will need more information on this. Tell me what is and what should be, or tell me how to fill Twitter widget to get this wrong behaviour.
    Housik said: It would be nice to improve SEO possibilities of theme, as many information is hidden in javascript
    SEO - we added albums in this update to be visible for search engines.
    Housik said: and further improve sharing images, pages and albums on social networks.
    Could you extend your idea?
    Housik said: Also it would be nice to have more shorttags for text format and support of Font Awesome (as there exists plugin, but without shorttags).
    More details please :-)
    Housik said: I'm not sure, if it is related to WP or Theme v.1.2, but I noticed in my PHP 5.4 server PHP Fatal Error in theme-update-checker.php inside method injectUpdate() in function toWpFormat(). Error message: "Call to a member function toWpFormat() on a non-object". Temporarily it helps add doc block for whole method.
    This was fixed way before. It should be good now. It looks like your update is somehow not complete, or something else. Also I can be wrong;-)
    Housik said:
    In version before 1.2 I modified Addthis Share Options @ album-view-full.js, as there was major problems with displaying Addthis Widget, may be not working with current Addthis code.
    Also more details please :-) Cause it looks like not ended thought ;-)

If you like you can break this to different topics for easier conversation, cause this is really many things for one topic.

Thanks for your feedback!

With regards.