Before you ask please READ THIS

1 ) Opening a featured image in a lightbox 2) Creating an album using library images

edited April 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 3
Love the theme, but just a couple of questions.

1 ) See post on this page -- > http://www.tintree.com/page/17/

The top image has been inserted in the body of the post using the typography shortcode for an image with a light box. It works as expected. However on the blog front page only the post title shows.. If I also place it as a featured image I get the post image (the featured image) showing on the main blog page BUT when a visitor opens the post they see both images. One they can click on and view in the lightbox, and one that cannot be clicked on - the featured image.

What I would like to be able to do is just have the featured image AND be able to click on it so that it opens in a light box.

2) When creating an album the process assumes that one is going to upload the image from the album page. However I usually upload my images in bulk direct from Adobe Lightroom to the Media library. I have discovered that if I just cut/paste the image address into the upload field in the album page I can use images that are already in the library. Is there a simpler way of doing this? A button to go to the library rather than upload perhaps, or have I missed something :)

Also what does the "Link dimensions" field do and what goes in there?

Hope this all makes sense.

BobH

using latest HS version on WP 3.5.1
Post edited by Tintree on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there and thanks for kind words:-)

1. Hiding Featured image in post content is here http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/4347#Comment_4347
    Hope that helps:-)

2. Just go to "Album media - Add images" section, click "Show" on first item, select image, and then button upload and you can select it from Media Library :-)
    Tintree said: Also what does the "Link dimensions" field do and what goes in there?
    It looks like this in code style="' . esc_attr($dimensions) . ' so you can insert here inline CSS likeheight: 300px; width: 20px;

With regards.
    Thank you, works perfectly.

I didn't see Comment_4347, (it would be useful to have that in the help file) and as regards the upload button, it was the only one I hadn't pressed. I assumed it did the same as the multi-upload above it. My fault totally.

Another question. The featured Image defaults to the full sized image. Is there a way of forcing it to use the medium sized thumbnail or is that just how WP works?

Thanks for your help.
    BobH.
    Hi,
    Yes you can. There is a function somewhere in a .php file, that chooses the picture size.

But I would recommend changing the post thumb size via a plugin (simple image sizes, http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simple-image-sizes/) or like Air posted here http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/2327#Comment_2327.

There is a post about this somewhere here, but I couldn't find it :)
  • AirAir
    Tintree said: (it would be useful to have that in the help file)
    We have - on support forum ;-)
    Tintree said: Another question. The featured Image defaults to the full sized image. Is there a way of forcing it to use the medium sized thumbnail or is that just how WP works?
    I don't know what you mean by medium but:
    -For post without sidebar image is 940px
    -For post with sidebar is 600px

If you wish to use always 600px go to single.php line ~17 and change

<?php
                        if(get_post_meta(get_the_ID(), '_widget_area', true) == 'off')
                            a13_top_image_video( get_the_ID(), 940, 0, 'full' );
                        else
                            a13_top_image_video( get_the_ID(), 600 );
                    ?>

to:

<?php
                            a13_top_image_video( get_the_ID(), 600 );
                    ?>

If 600px is to wide for you then use macmacs answer (thanks for help!).

With regards.
    Ok all sorted now :) thanks both for your help.
  • AirAir
    If you are happy with this theme please don't forget to rate us on ThemeForest - it helps us a lot! Thanks!