Before you ask please READ THIS

front page

edited February 2014 in Hypershot Posts: 7
Hi,

I like your theme. I have a question about the front page. I install the demo data and beginn to individualize it with my albums. But my front page album look like the grid 2 (?) Album.- every singel albulm pic has the same size. But I want to have the proportions like in the demo front page. One smaller, one bigger, one horizontally and so on...

my site: http://allabouteyecatcher.com/

what is wrong at my site? thanks...

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi there

1. Check your bricks settings in theme settings http://apollo13.eu/docs/hypershot/#!/albums_menu_albums_list_appearance_bricks_theme_
    2. Are you uploading different width/height ratio images?

With regards.
  • thanks air.

to 1) I will check tomorrow.
    to2) yes, you are right. I upload different sizes. Please help me: what for width/ height are needed for the start album image of the front page?

Thanks so much!!
  • AirAir
    eyecatcher said: Please help me: what for width/ height are needed for the start album image of the front page?
    Are you asking about same thing, cause I am lost. Anyway read this short
    paragraph that I linked and then you will see if you have proper settings.

With regards.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 7
    thanks. Sorry for asking again, but I have still again the same problem.

After reading your advise I can change the sizes of the frontpage album list images: "hypershot theme> albums > album list apperance (brick theme). But unfortunately only of all. see my actual frontpage: http://allabouteyecatcher.com/ I want to get a front page (and also the album of a single album) with different sizes of image- like on the demo size. I can not make it..

thanks for your help again...
    Post edited by eyecatcher on
  • AirAir
    Ehhh...

I see you have set width of bricks(in albums list) to 300px and height to 400px. In link I gave you, there is clearly said that if you want bricks to act more like puzzeles(thing you are asking in this topic) you have to set height to 0.

After this operation use plugin to fix thumbnails as explained here(this time read it please) http://apollo13.eu/docs/hypershot/#!/albums_menu_thumbanails_size

With regards.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 7
    thanks air.

believe me: i really try the height of 0. but it does not funtion. like now. I try it again, set the width of bricks(in albums list) to 320px and height to 0px. Afterwards I install the ajax plugin, but I get no puzzle- all thumbnail images of the frontpage show the same size...

Please help me ... I read and follow all of your link. I spent so many time with it
    Post edited by eyecatcher on
  • AirAir
    eyecatcher said: Afterwards I install the ajax plugin, but I get no puzzle- all thumbnail images of the frontpage show the same size
    Have you used it?

If yes then, could you please send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option to send message). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

With regards.
  • yes- i used it.

send you a private massage. thanks
  • AirAir
    Warning - directory /www/htdocs/w0118bc0/wp-content/themes/hypershot/user is not writable.
    Have you noticed it in your admin? It is very important!
    Go to FTP and give this directory proper permissions(create such directory if it doesn't exist). It will be proper when this warning will disappear. After this fix it should be good. If not, change some setting in theme options and user.css file will create.

With regards.
  • thanks so much...that was the key! Now it works fine...