Before you ask please READ THIS

A13 shortcodes are not working

edited September 2014 in Blame Posts: 9
When using the visual composer, the shortcodes defined by the theme (such as the counter) etc. do not appear. They don't appear either under settings>visual composer. Am I missing something ?

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

I heard about some plugins that somehow messes up our customizations to Visual Composer. Try deactivating plugins like explained here http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/12/before-you-ask-read-this-#theme-debbuging

With regards.
  • I will try and disable most plugins, however I haven't installed any other plugin except those which came with the theme
  • Plugins have been all disabled (except for the visual composer) and still no luck
  • AirAir
    That is not good.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option "Send Air a Message"). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

With regards.
  • I can't :/ as I'm working on a local machine. Its a fresh installation of the latest wordpress together with your theme and that is it.
  • It seems as if the shortcodes are not being registered by wordpress. If I try and place something like this [a13_title_with_icon title="Responsive and Retina Ready" title_size="h4" bold="1" a13_fa_icon="laptop" icon_color="sky" title_align="center"] it is not interpreted accordingly
  • AirAir
    edited September 2014 Posts: 10,970
    Oooo localhost. OK, so when you will have possibility test it on Some public server.

Our extensions to theme are registered two way, so you can check is it included properly(of course if you know PHP):

-wp-content\themes\blame\advance\plugins\js_composer_mod\config.php
    Here are all things about parameters of shortcode, but I assume this file is just fine

-wp-content\themes\blame\advance\plugins\js_composer_mod\shortcodes_classes.php we include this file and VC interprets it and register such shortcodes like classes names.
    I suspect that here can be problem and it is either loaded too late or not loaded at all.

Do you use our version of builder(VC) or you had it installed previously or something?

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    add_shortcode should be done by VC when it will find classes registered in second file I have mentioned.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 9

It seems first of all the config file wasnt being accessed. so in js_composer.php i changed the require_once to require_once (A13_TPL_DIR.'/advance/plugins/js_composer_mod/config.php');

This eliminates the wp widgets however it seems when it reaches the vc_map part it stops....continuing to investigate

The version i'm using of visual composer is that bundled with your solution

-- also changed vc_set_template_dir to //templates dir vc_set_shortcodes_templates_dir(A13_TPL_DIR.'/vc_templates/'); since the other is deprecated.

Post edited by webitstudios on
  • AirAir
    webitstudios said: This eliminates the wp widgets however it seems when it reaches the vc_map part it stops....continuing to investigate
    If it now make changes then check settings of visual composer and check if A13 shortocodes can be activated.
    webitstudios said: -- also changed vc_set_template_dir to //templates dir<br>vc_set_shortcodes_templates_dir(A13_TPL_DIR.'/vc_templates/');<br> since the other is deprecated.
    Noticed this just few minutes ago, thanks for tip :-)

With regards.
  • That was it ! they can now be activated :D
  • AirAir
    Great :-)

So on your example it looks like I should change all require_once to have absolute paths. I will remember this and scan through all files. Thanks for tip!

Did you also edit this require_once ('shortcodes_classes.php');?

With regards.
  • I did not edit that one as for some reason it seems it was accepting the relative path. It was only when it came to running the config file that it needed an absolute path.
  • AirAir
    Strange. Mysterious servers configurations:-)
    Thanks.

Edit: I think I understand. Config is called later then it is declared and maybe on some servers it changes way where it searches for config.php file first. It seems possible for my logic;-) Will give it closer look.
    Post edited by Air on
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 9
    I've noticed however that some of the shortcodes are still missing mainly

testimonial
    recent works
    recent galleries

should these be loaded as well through the same system?
    Post edited by webitstudios on
  • AirAir
    webitstudios said: testimonial
    Install plugin http://apollo13.eu/docs/blame/#!/plugins_recommendations_testimonials
    webitstudios said: recent works
    recent galleries
    Use Post grid and Carousel shortcodes for that.

With regards.
  • I installed testimonials plugin but where is the shortcode
  • AirAir
    Hello ASantiagoJr

I kind of don't know your story and I don't know if you have read all this topic.
    Be sure you have activated it in Visual composer options http://apollo13.eu/docs/blame/#!/activate_builder_options

With regards.
  • I have an its not listed. Im running into quite a few problems now.
  • AirAir
    Are you sure "Testimonials by WooThemes" plugin is activated. Are you working on localhost or on public server?

With regards.
  • I am working on a public server. Testimonials is not listed.
  • AirAir
    ASantiagoJr said: Testimonials is not listed.
    You mean on plugins list? Or on list of Visual composer shortcodes?
    We are going around and I can get enough information from your answers:-)

Could you please send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option "Send Air a Message"). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Ive installed the plugin but it does not show up in VC. Message sent.
  • AirAir
    I have made test of switching of plugins like described here:
    http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/12/before-you-ask-read-this-#Item_1
    It resulted in this that deactivating plugin UserPro loads our config for Visual composer back again.

But before deleting it, try change in code as described in this post http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/9874#Comment_9874
    File mentioned there can be found in wp-content\themes\blame\advance\plugins\js_composer_mod\

With regards.