Before you ask please READ THIS

Gallery Filter & Lightbox

edited September 2014 in Blame Posts: 3
Hello,
I have two question abot the gallery.

1.) How can I deactivate “All” in the gallery-filter? I don’t need it on my website because it doesn’t make sense. I want to show another filter-category first when visiting my gallery site.

2.) How can I delete the social media icons in the lightbox of the gallery?

Could you please help me?
Thanks.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

To disable social icons do same thing like in superior theme http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/6040#Comment_6040 and change all that values to false

About filter - it is not easy to deactivate "All" as it is used to preload some items. Can you explain why "it doesn’t make sense" in your case? Maybe then I could come up with some solution.

With regards.
  • Hello,
    thanks for your answer.

I will try to explain you why the gallery filter doesn't make sense in my case.
    The gallery filter is used to show products which are categorized into three main-categories. Those three categories contain another three categories which are all the same in every main category.

Here is an example to make it easier to understand (I hope so :D):

Main Category 1 contains Category 1, Category 2, Category 3
    Main Category 2 contains Category 1, Category 2, Category 3
    Main Category 3 contains Category 1, Category 2, Category 3

You can also visit my website, maybe it could help you: www.helbling.vms-design.de

With Regards.
  • AirAir
    OK I see what you got, but I still don't understand why disabling "All" in filter would help and I want to avoid lot of work that wont bring benefits in the end :-)

If you have three main categories of galleries(in you case products) why not link these there main categories from menu separately ? You do it same way as with multiple works list http://apollo13.eu/docs/blame/#!/adding_multiple_works_list_and_genres
    Without "All", use of" All galleries list template" is rather useless.

Hope this will bring us closer to solution :-)

With regards.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 3
    Thanks now I got it. :)

With regards.
    Post edited by vmsdesign on