Before you ask please READ THIS

Some strange display errors when combining CSS & JS files (minify)

edited November 2014 in Beach Please Posts: 111
Hi!

I want to improve my page speed. The analysis of my site tells me to combine static resources like CSS & JS files. So I tried it with the popular plugin W3 Total Cache, after that with CloudFlare (CND) and now with a little plugin called "Remove query strings from static resources". The page speed seems to improve with every plugin used (note: I only used one minify plugin, not all of them at the same time), but I get some display errors: my blog content for example gets shifted to the side. In Internet Explorer, it even stays there. Other browsers like Chrome and Firefox shift it for one or two seconds to the side and re-order the page correctly after that. See the attached image to better understand what I mean. Or check it out by yourself right here.

Thanks!

Edit: Now it also stays shifted in Chrome. :(
Bild 004.jpg
1642 x 899 - 256K
Post edited by Tupamaros on

Comments

• edited November 2014 Posts: 111
    Okay, I just realized that this problem obviously crashed much more: My homepage (works list) (incl. the side menu: no submenus are displayed) and a slider. Also the map on my contact page is gone and wherever I use tabs like here, they don’t work anymore.
    Any idea what’s causing this? I disabled all minify options (in W3 Total Cache, CloudFlare and this "Remove query strings from static resources" plugin).

My page speed is also extremely low all of a sudden. I managed to get really good scores and now it’s hell.

This problem came like over night. Strange…
    Post edited by Tupamaros on
  • Sorry: problem solved. Another plugin caused it: Autoptimize.
  • AirAir
    Hi there:-)

I have experimented in past with plugins for minifycation JS CSS, but in each case there was something not right and it required manual tunning and excluding some files. So if you think some plugin work for you, then be sure to check whole your page.

Good luck :-)

With regards.