Before you ask please READ THIS

blame theme questions

edited November 2014 in Blame Posts: 5
Our site is at: http://highgate.mammoth-hosting.com/

I have 2 requests:

1) We are seeing a white page before each page loads, when clicking on menu link. Tried turning preloader on and off and still happens. How do we remove this white page or make it black so less noticeable.

2) How do we remove the ‘hide preloader’ text under the preloader

Thanks

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

1. This is not AJAX theme, so there have to be "blank" moments between pages load. You could do some optimizations to site default styles, to serve CSS with all HTML as fast as possible, but this is huge topic, and you will need for this someone who has some experience with serving "above the fold" page in less then 1s. Then you could almost not see "white screen". It also depends on server speed.

2. I wouldn't recommend doing this, as preloader may stuck in some edge cases, and thanks to this link your user still can turn off preloader, and operate with your site.
    But you can do it with such custom CSS:
    .skip-preloader{
    display: none !important;
    }
    With regards.
  • AirAir
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,970
    To speed up your site load you can start with deactivating not used plugins :-)
    Post edited by Air on
  • Actually this is a weird issue with this theme only. It occurs BEFORE the preloader, where a blank page is displayed for several seconds before the preloader starts. No other websites I visit or build do this. There should be no need for a white page before the preloader. I think this is a bug in the theme or perhaps a plugin issue related to the preloader
  • And yes deactivated almost all plugins
  • AirAir
    studiomochi said: There should be no need for a white page before the preloader. I think this is a bug in the theme or perhaps a plugin issue related to the preloader
    Yes it looks like some issue, cause I also very rarely see such behavior.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option "Send Air a Message"). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

With regards.