Before you ask please READ THIS

Display the name of the current album (below menu in the header)

edited January 2015 in Hypershot Posts: 65
Hi!
I would like to add below the main menu ('Photography Portfolio' www.nomadnocry.com) the name of the album being displayed. Right now it is not clear what album is being viewed by the visitor.
How could this be achieved?
Thanks for your support :-)
Kind regards

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Go to single-album line ~36 and change this code

if($apollo13->get_meta('_theme') != 'bricks'):

to

?>
                <div class="info-bar" id="begin-of-content">
                    <div class="inside">
                        <?php echo '<h1 class="page-title">' . get_the_title() . '</h1>'; ?>
                    </div>
                </div>
                <?php

if($apollo13->get_meta('_theme') != 'bricks'):

With kind regards.
  • Hi!
    Many thanks for your fast support, as always :-)
    It's working good but is there a way not adding such a bar. Having it in the header just below the menu would look much better!
    Also I would like to use color rgba(254,0,0,1). I tried to create a CSS for page-title class using custom CSS plugin but it doesn't work.
    Kind regards,

• AirAir
    edited January 2015 Posts: 10,970
    Hello:-)

No, it is not possible as it would require much extra work to make it behave proper.
    About custom CSS there are two problems with your CSS:

1. As I said before your custom CSS plugin is weak as it adds CSS too early, and it is overwritten by main styles later. I gave you link to other plugin to use.

2. Your selector is too weak, as I can see with firebug. You should use instead this
    .info-bar .page-title{
    color: rgba(254,0,0,1);
    }
    With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Hi!
    Thank you for following this. I will use the CSS plugin you have introduced me instead.
    Kind regards
  • Well, I have installed it but it seems that the CSS code is not being considered neither.
    Moreover I would like to get the name of the album in white, the background in rgba(254,0,0,1) and remove the blank space up and down of the album name in such a way the 'info-bar' size is reduced to the text size. Could you please tell me what would be the corresponding CSS code for this?
    Thanks for your support!
    Kind regards
  • AirAir
    Hello

Plugin is working well, you have just copied my messed CSS, without colon : after color property. Copy again my CSS which is fixed now. Sorry for this glitch.

But as you now want something else, please use this instead

.info-bar .inside{
    min-height: 0;
    padding: 0 10px;
    }
    .info-bar {
    background-color: rgba(254,0,0,1);
    }
    With regards.
  • Thank you very much for your fast answer :-) It's ok like this!