Before you ask please READ THIS

Work detail

edited January 2015 in Chillout Posts: 15
Hi,

im using chillout theme and I'm very happy with it. However I have this problem:

I have a work with some text and about 50 images displayed in a grid. When I open this work, a modal window appears and it takes quite a long time before anything shows. It seems it waits for all the images to load before anything else is shown. Is it possible to change this behavior so everything will load gradually and the visitor will not have to wait so long?

Also is there a way to display the decription content above the images? The only options are to display it on the left, right or under the images.

My website: http://ahojtadygema.cz/quixdeko

Thank you in advance!

Comments

Hello Jan,
    as for LazyLoad (loading images in steps) - we'll add this feature in upcoming update, stay tuned.
    JanGemerle said: Also is there a way to display the decription content above the images? The only options are to display it on the left, right or under the images.
    You can always try to add some images in content - in old-fashioned way, below the text.

Can I have a small sugestion for You?
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
  • Cool, I will check for an update. The problem is I like the way the photos are displayed when I add them via 'select/upload many images' button. Is there any way to put a few sentences above those images?

Thanks
    We are not going to implement this mode, sorry.
    You could try to split each of your Work into number of smaller Works item and use Work Genres taxonomy, and then display Works with a filter like on the demo page. This would also make Works more lightweight, so they would load more swiftly.
    All the Best.
    Hello,
    new version is available!
    To enable lazy-load: edit Work item, and go to metaboxes, below editor, and enable 'LazyLoad'.
    All the Best.
  • Thank you!