Before you ask please READ THIS

Translating theme

edited February 2015 in Chillout Posts: 63
Hello
i have problems with the theme translation.
The documentation (http://www.apollo13.eu/docs/chillout/#!/translating_theme)
says its translated in few languages.

I like to have german and the plugin "CodeStyling Localization" show me this po files but it don't work, so i disabled the plugin and testet it with po edit.
I opened the default.po file with poedit but there aren't any translations.

Next problem the line "define('WPLANG', 'en_EN');" isn't in my wordpress config file.
if i add the line with de_DE nothing happens.

With "codestyling locations" i can open the DE file but the message from the screenshot appears

I only like to translate "send", "all categories", "load more" and some other short texts, in the default.po file i don't find them.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-02-16 um 11.46.13.png
1146 x 1279 - 699K
Bildschirmfoto 2015-02-16 um 11.48.13.png
1019 x 570 - 127K

Comments

the only translations i've found are in the redux framework, but poedit didn't show them only the wordpress plugin
    Bildschirmfoto 2015-02-16 um 11.52.00.png
    1394 x 1066 - 233K
    Hello Tim,
    Tim92 said: I like to have german and the plugin "CodeStyling Localization" show me this po files but it don't work,
    we haven't test our theme with this plugin.
    Tim92 said:
    Next problem the line "define('WPLANG', 'en_EN');" isn't in my wordpress config file.
    Starting from version 4.0 You can change the language in the admin settings screen. Settings > general > Site Language.
    Tim92 said: I only like to translate "send", "all categories", "load more" and some other short texts,
    those can be found in one of our plugin: 'Visual Composer extend by Apollo13 for Chillout' or 'Custom post types for Chillout wp theme'

Tim92 said: the only translations i've found are in the redux framework, but poedit didn't show them only the wordpress plugin
    Did You try to open correct file with PoEdit?

Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
    Ok it was the hint with the Visual Composer
    It works to create a translation with my plugin.

So this thread is answered, thanks a lot.
    You're welcome!
    All the Best.
  • Hello, I am reading this threat as i also want only to translate some words. I can´t find "all categories" or "load more" in the default.po I see that I have installed this plugin of Visual composer for chillout but where do i edit the texts? Thanks
    Those text are in file located here: ..wp-content\plugins\vc_extend_apollo13_chillout\languages
    All the Best.