Before you ask please READ THIS

Problem transferring from one domain to another

Hi, I've been building a site using the chillout theme and it all works fine one my domain. Once approved I've packaged it up using a standard wordpress export plugin which copies the domain. I've now placed it on another server with it's new domain name but even after doing a full find and replace on the database it is still referencing the original (test) domain.

It appears the plugins that are being used are writing hard links to the database, with some kind of versioning - so when the links are replaced in the database (which should work), it doesn’t match the last save from Redux (of the plugins).
It seems like this is a theme to be set up on a single server, rather than one that can be ported across different environments.

Hardcoding the elements that are missing (logo and socials) should be a quick fix, but it’s effecting other areas of the site, e.g the responsive menu - we would have to pinpoint all these areas and hard code them.

Do you have any ideas how I can solve this as it's affecting how the site can go live.

Thanks

Comments

Hi,
    I've never had a problem moving entire website from one domain to another. I know there are some tools (even comercial one) to clone entire site, but for me those steps are always sufficient:
    1. Pure installation of WP on the new domain
    2. Pure Chillout installation and all setup described in documentation
    3. Export all WordPress content from old domain using 'Tools >> Export'
    4. Copy Chillout Options from Chillout Options >> Import / Export
    5. Import all data into new location.

Simply clear instalation and import all content and setting from old location
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.