Before you ask please READ THIS

Chinese Characters?

in Blame Posts: 32
Is there some way to override this? After the last update certain menu items, and more specifically the back to top and top right menu button on mobile are labelled with chinese characters.

Comments

It's the icons. All of the icons that you can apply to menu items, footer items, and the default icons applied to mobile menu items are all just chinese characters.. Anyone know how to fix this?
    Please see the attached file. Those menu icons worked an hour ago, now they are blank on desktop and chinese characters on mobile.
    Capture.PNG
    646 x 52 - 4K
    FYI, just removing the menu icons fixed that issue, but that's not ideal. I tested another theme and this issue did not occur. The other issue is mobile, I can't fix that, and footer widgets, also, I can't fix that.
  • AirAir
    Hello there:-)
    enfurno said: All of the icons that you can apply to menu items, footer items, and the default icons applied to mobile menu items are all just chinese characters
    Can you show link, so I could verify? Probably style for font icon file is not loading.
    Or maybe you did use some cache plugin or compression plugin like Autoptimize?
    enfurno said: The other issue is mobile, I can't fix that, and footer widgets, also, I can't fix that.
    Could you extend what you mean?

With kind regards.
    It seems to be an issue that many are having, I believe that it is related to CSS in the theme. Since the most recent update all themed icons are not appearing as they should. For instance, social icons, the icon on the back to top button, and any icons that could be applied to main menu items. Sometimes they are just squares, and sometimes they are chinese characters. The applied icons do not show.
  • AirAir
    enfurno said: It seems to be an issue that many are having
    How you know that? Have you asked someone or have some special data I don't know about?

I told you what it is probably and asked for link to your site, so I could confirm it. Could you cooperate so we can fix this for you together, as it seems like plugins conflict? Please.

With kind regards.
    It's not specifically an issue with your theme, but an issue that seems to be occurring across many different sites running on wordpress. I found this out via the wordpress support forums, but the "fix" always seems to end up involving theme based CSS. I'll pm you my details.
  • AirAir
    edited August 2015 Posts: 10,970
    Thanks for clarifing and link! I was on your site for half hour and couldn't find out what it it exactly.
    Fonts are in place, CSS looks good with good paths to font files.

BUT i found in Google chrome console that you have cross domain problem :
    " Font from origin 'http://cxxxxxr.cpainformer.com' has been blocked from loading by Cross-Origin Resource Sharing policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://cxxxxxxxr.com' is therefore not allowed access."

Note I have "exed" your domain.

You will have to fix this in your server configuration, probably in htaccess. Read more https://www.google.com/search?q=fonts+cross+domain

OR fix paths so it will look all like your main domain under which your site works.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    The support here blows my mind, thank you so much.
  • AirAir
    :-) Hope you will be able to fix it soon now :-)

With kind regards,