Before you ask please READ THIS

I altered my lightbox and would like to share it with you

Hello, I would just like to share with your team a customization in your lightbox theme that I had someone code for me. You can see the changes at my website: http://www.yogjoshi.com
I had it redesigned so its optimal for creatives, such as artists and photographers. As you can see I replaced the bottom lightbox buttons with a "download" and "open in new tab" button. The reason why I chose to add these features is because I know the viewer looking through the gallery could be a potential client or an admirer. And the situation could be that they either want to download the image for future reference or open it up in a new tab so they can do the same or compare pieces of work from your gallery. Or they might want to see the image at full resolution, zoomed in. Also as you can see, I decided to add the left and right arrows at their respected side. And I kept the buttons transparent so it doesn't interfere with the image at display.

I hope you can find my choices of design somewhat helpful for future modifications.

Thank you!
Yog

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

I like your modifications, they look nice :-)

However as this is external script, we try to not modify it further then configuration allows for this. So we will probably keep current layout of lightbox, however we might add some second CSS for it, who knows:-)

Second thing is, that you added two buttons that allow "stealing" your work, what most of our customers are sooooo afraid off. Most of time people ask as how to make harder for someone to download their images, rather then make it easier.
    In previous themes we had options to easy downloading images, and cause of that I had countless topics about removing these options ;-)

So it all depends on current needs of current user :-)

Still it looks very nice, and hope it will work for you good! Thanks for sharing.

With kind regards.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 33
    Sure no problem! Ahh yea I completely forgot that some people have the fear of others stealing their work. A second CSS would be nice to see in future updates :-) And thank you for the kind words!
    Post edited by yogeshj25 on