Before you ask please READ THIS

Ajax + Transparent header Option not working

Okay, so I'm trying to get my front page to be a full width image, with the floating text over it identical to the demo style.... I can't seem to get rid of the large white box anchored to the top though.

I tried importing all the settings for it, but it wiped out my entire history and i had to have my host company fix it. So I can't just import everything if I want to keep my blog posts etc.

I have tried using the visual editor, and use a parallax look, making it full width and all that, and it worked...sort of, but it left a bar on top and bottom that wasn't the image but just the gray background and the white post's column that would usually be there.

Help please!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)
    bethanymcg said: I tried importing all the settings for it, but it wiped out my entire history and i had to have my host company fix it
    I assume you have used Import demo data button. There is warning that it will clear all your data. What you were interested in are predefined sets http://apollo13.eu/docs/thirteen/#!/import_export_menu
    bethanymcg said: Okay, so I'm trying to get my front page to be a full width image, with the floating text over it identical to the demo
    Which demo exactly?

Finally please show live link or at least some screen shot so I could see what you mean :-)

With kind regards.
  • The package, as mentioned in my discussion's TITLE... is Ajax + transparent header... I want it to look like the screen shot I attached of the demo, only with my own text and image...You will see the second shot which is where I have put in my own image...and white text...but there is a box behind the page's text. I would just do NO text and just add the text to the image, but I want it responsive and it won't do that. THIS screen and it's appearance is the ENTIRE reason I bought this theme...
    Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 7.48.30 PM.png
    1603 x 1324 - 1M
    Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 7.52.11 PM.png
    1600 x 1327 - 2M
  • AirAir
    bethanymcg said: The package, as mentioned in my discussion's TITLE... is Ajax + transparent header...
    It wasn't obvious for me, as I treat demos and predefined sets as totally different things, but from your(user) point of view they may look similar, so sorry for not catching this right away :-)

What about live link? It would help to check faster why in your case there is this white box. I imagine it has to do with settings of front page, but I can only guess from screen shots. I would also ask Daniel who prepared our content for demos, and maybe he will be able to help you more accurate.

With kind regards.
    Hello Bethanymcg

As i understood you well you want to have exactly the same home page as on this demo: http://thirteen-transparent.apollo13.kinsta.com/ , but you dont want to upload our demo data because you lose all the exist data? right? :)

There is only one solution for that:
    1) Download the file from the attachment below (Homepage.txt) and copy the content
    2) Open you home page and switch from the "Classic Mode" to the "Backend Editor"
    3) Delete your content and past the code that you copy from the Homepage.txt.
    4) Switch back to the Classic Mode and edit.

I hope it helps

With Regards
    Daniel
    txt
    txt
    Homepage.txt
    Lead Graphic Designer
  • THE ENTIRE POINT, of purchasing a theme and using WP is so that I don't have to touch CODING... I did what you said. I input that your code as you suggested, this is the result...http://2015redesign.bethanymcgphotography.com. But I don't know how to edit it...because, of course, the reason I use themes and WP is because I don't understand coding. I don't want the entire scrolling first page.. .I don't know how to make the text what I want, or the links what I want. This is complete BS... You should definitely make it obvious on the main page of the theme that you can NOT, just plug this theme into an existing web page. because otherwise they will have just thrown $60 down the drain like I have, as this is useless and I now have to go back to the drawing board.
    Hello Bethanymcg

This is not even close to coding. You just received instructions that will save you lot of time from "clicking" everything in Visual Composer to achieve same effect. This time something went wrong as it seems.

Like i wrote in the previouse message If you want exactly what is on the demo you must erase all files (this is how the "one click demo import" works) and if you want keep something we must do it in a bit of a circuitous route and does not require coding (in my previouse comment there is only information about copiyng)

So probably something went wrong during the copy so send me (VIA Private Message - click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message") access to your WordPress installation and ill help you with this.

P.S
    To be clear: Theme settings are one thing and content is other part.
    You can set very many settings of theme with clicking and not touching any code.

Content is made for sample purpose to show what is available with theme(and in theme attached plugins). If user want to recreate our demo exactly then they import demo data and then edit it, or just use it to learn how to achieve various things. If someone want to recreate only part of it they ask us for help just as you did.

It is normal way of doing things, And major number of users understands that this is how it works when buying theme.
    If you expected something else, then we will try help you best we can in range of our possibilities.

With Regards
    Daniel & Air
    Lead Graphic Designer