Before you ask please READ THIS

starting building a site by modifying the RTL demo

hi, i am trying to build a site in right to left language ,and i will like to start the bulidup by modifying the rtl demo.
and i didnt figure out how to do it(also by looking at the Documentation,and previous qustions..)
can you help me with that please?

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

RTL demo shows only that theme works well with RTL languages, however theme alone is not responsible for making your site RTL.
    So firstly you should make your wordpress display your site RTL. I am sure you will find plenty of resources that explains how to do it. After that you can import any demo you like and customize it for your purpose.

We used WPML plugin http://apollo13.eu/docs/thirteen/#!/plugins_recommendations_wpml for making site in both English and Hebrew but you may want to use something else.

If you want your site in only one language and it is RTL language, then just download WP in your native language and it should be RTL right "of the box". However better read more about it before.

Hope this will make you start:-)

With kind regards.

i want my site to be only in rtl(hebrew) lenguage. and i have installed the hebrew wordpress. but the theme didnt come fully rtl "right out of the box".. it didnt reposition the side main menu in the right side of the screen, like in the rtl demo..can you mybe point me to how to make him switch sides?
    rev.jpg
    1680 x 1010 - 461K
    Hello Orero

Go to the "Global Layout > Header Main Settings" and switch the header side from left to right.
    Screenshot: https://nimbus.everhelper.me/client/notes/share/345952/5xczHK1kroRdcAncUH45EBZR7z3sqXil/

With Regards
    Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
  • AirAir
    Yes, side of header is part of theme options, not part of RTL styling.

With kind regards.
    thnx. i secceded switching the header side.
    i have another problem. all the pages(about us 1,about us 2,our team,services and the rest) came out since the start with some kind of big padding(around 500px) to the left that looks like this (attached pics)
    do you mybe have pointers on how to fix it?
    about page 1.jpg
    1680 x 1010 - 230K
    sevices.jpg
    1680 x 1010 - 208K
  • AirAir
    It is possible that it is caused by content written in LTR language, and Visual Composer have problem with it.
    When Daniel will be available tomorrow I will ask him to confirm what is happening in your case.

In meanwhile you can try to create new page using VC and see if issue will still be there.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Hello again.

So we tested again, and it looks that this is issue with Visual Composer, as they don't take into account RTL languages while computing background position for full width rows.

I will fill out bug report about it later.

If you intend to use Visual composer on every page, then for now you can try such solution(however I am not sure it wont mess up something). So add this custom CSS:
    body.page .real-content{
    direction: ltr;
    }
    body.page .real-content .vc_row{
    direction: rtl;
    }
    With kind regards.
    thnx for the help. i will try it.