Before you ask please READ THIS

Cannot translate Photon features (not WP core) with WPML

in Photon Posts: 3
Hi,

I'm familiar with WPML, I use it on several other WP. When I want translate a page / post etc., I duplicate it and translate it independantly and everything works fine.

Here, when I duplicate/translate independantly a PAGE or ALBUM, everything that is related to WP (title page, page content ...) works fine. But, when I try to translate some Photon features like PAGE SUBTITLE or ALBUM MEDIA, the translated page/album doesn't consider the change after saving.

For example : The default language of my site is French. I duplicate/translate independantly a page for an english version. I can set a new title/slug/page content, but the subtitle (feature from photon ) is still in french, impossible to change it... after save, the original french subtitle comes back !
Same for album media. There are some photo and youtbe links in my french album, I duplicate it and translate it independantly. I can change the WP title/content etc... but I can't change photo and Youtube link : when I click on 'edit album', it comes back like in the french version...

I think you already have my logs
=> locustom.fr

Important :
About PAGE SUBTITLE, I modified the file of the theme and removed the H2 subtitle function (/themes/photon-a13/advance/utilities/layout_parts.php) and manualy add H2 in my pages ......
Photon and WPML are is up to date
I already removed and reinstall both of them, no change.

Please help

Akal

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello Akal:-)

I think best what you can do is to ask on WPML forum, as I am not expert on how it works in its deepest parts. WPML approved our theme as compatible with WPML, so they might have some more insight why is this happening in your case.
    I would love to help you personally but I think they will be much faster and accurate in this case.

Only thing I can think of is the wpml config file in theme, where such things(translatable theme parts) are ordered to be copied or not to translated post. Please go to theme root directory and try to rename or remove file named wpml-config.xml

Then try again doing your things and check how it is going.

With kind regards.
    HI, thank for your reply, I've just ask them, waiting now.
    I tried to rename or remove file named wpml-config.xml but no succes
    Bye
    Akal
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

Could you send me link to your topic in WPML forum, cause I think I experience same issue now and I would like to know is there is something to fix in theme or what :-)

Thanks!

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    edited January 2016 Posts: 10,970
    Hello :-)

I have discovered that all album fields were set to "copy" from original so that is why they didn't change after saving. If you wish to change them use this file from attachment:
    1. Unzip it.
    2. Upload it to theme root directory - wp-content/themes/photon-a13
    3. Deactivate all WPML plugins
    4. Reactivate them.
    5. Now you will be able to save changed fields in translated album.

In update I will change this file, so some fields will be copied and some translatable depending on its function.

With kind regards.
    zip
    zip
    wpml-config.zip
    701B
    Post edited by Air on