Before you ask please READ THIS

Slider stack until transition is finished

in Photon Posts: 24
Hello !

On the slider, I set a slow transition to have a nice effect. But it's not possible to go to the next image until the transition is finished.

Could you patch the slider to stop the transition when clicking on the next button? Because if you want to quickly check all the images, you can't.

Cheers

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)
    thtest said: But it's not possible to go to the next image until the transition is finished.
    Yes it is true.
    thtest said: Could you patch the slider to stop the transition when clicking on the next button? Because if you want to quickly check all the images, you can't.
    This would require very problematic rebuild of script. I can try but it won't be fast or soon.

With kind regards.
    Hello

Ah ok, it's a pity. There is no easy way for you to end the transition when clicking on next?

Cheers
  • AirAir
    It would be easy if we wouldn't have this zooming transition also - it complicates things cause it acts different then others. I will check this week what can be done. For now I have to finish other tasks:-)

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    I thought it would be easy, but it is not. After few hours I can't seem to find way to stop all "transition" animations on slide change, and fast enough clicking breaks slider.
    For me it looks like it would require serious rewrite of slider script to make it work this way.
    I give up on this change.

Sorry for making you wait and not having results.

With kind regards.
    Hi,

Thanks for spending all this time!

I'm thinking about something but maybe it's not possible. Would it be possible to change the transition duration (ex: 100ms) when you click on the next button? Because this will solve the issue.

In the option it's possible to change the transition speed. If I do so and I put something fast (setting 100ms as transition speed) , the I can switch from one slide to the other fast. But I as want a slow transition when is playing automatically I cannot do that.

So maybe you can just switch temporarily the transition speed to 100ms when clicking on the next button.

Thanks
  • AirAir
    Your idea sounds nice but it is even more complicated to implement and execute. Changing transition time depending on situation sound like very nice feature, but only if someone would do it for me ;-)

I will take another look on stopping all transitions on slide change, but it will require breaking slider script on very small parts so it will take time, which is not the thing I have much lately when we are trying to release new theme :-)

Will give you update soon, cause I am also disappointed that I couldn't do it yesterday.

With kind regards.
    Yes I can imagine that it's a hard work to stop all the transitions.

Maybe you can just tell me where to look to change the transition speed then I can check to do it myself.

Thanks
  • AirAir
    Well, everything happens in photon-a13\js\a13-slider.js in many places across this file.
    Good luck ;-)

With kind regards.
    Ahah I can imagine :)

Ok I will let you know if I have something

Cheers