Before you ask please READ THIS

Quality of pictures after uploading

in Photon Posts: 4
Hi there!
I have bought recently your Photon lovely functional theme :)
So I hava a question,I notice after uploading a pictures, that after uploading there is a small change in quality is not significant but still there is, the pics are a bit less sharp and color. I have wonder is it anything which can be done to match as much as possible the original file??? Im uploading a JPEG files with resolution in 1925 width around 2mb, the site is set up to a Album list! Im going to showing my portfolio, and this is the place where they should look best to win customers, so is important for me :) If there is some recommendation from you or a settings, Is it the site actually compressing the pics?
And one more question, is it possible to be removed the option for downloading the pics?
Thanks alot
Best regards; Daniel

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

There is a script that resize images so they would get to your viewers as fast as possible
    DanielD said: And one more question, is it possible to be removed the option for downloading the pics?
    What do you exactly mean? You mean option in lightbox, or downloading at all? I advise to read opinion of other user in that matter : http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/3151/#Comment_3151

About image compression :
    Install plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-resized-image-quality/ and increase image quality as you wish.
    Next log to your FTP and delete this folder wp-content\uploads\bfi_thumb - this will let images be created in new set quality.

With kind regards.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 4
    Hi again i have new problem :( i was checking some of the features of custom, and i delete some of the main menu adds like blog, shop whitch i don't need for now, but something get wrong im trying to open the site from my phone or other computer and during loading showing some masage: string(3) "183" and then the site is empty and looks like a set up for page look, when is for album list, on my computer everything looks normal! ?! Any advise what i have done ? 15minets ago everything was fine :( Thank you
    Post edited by DanielD on
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

Sorry it is bug in theme, we will fix it in the next update but for now you do one simple thing: Open the “404.php” file and delete this code from the 13 line:

var_dump($custom_404_page);
    With kind regards.
    Thank you Air
    And if you can give me answer about the downloading, i was meaning the option when you enter an album and watch the pics on full screen there is a tool witch allow every one from public to download every picture , is that can be switch off as a option? Thanks for your help!
  • AirAir
    Yes, it can :-)

Go to Appearance -> Photon Advanced -> Theme lightbox - there you will find all options for lightbox.

With kind regards.