Before you ask please READ THIS

Issue with nav/anchor - stopped working

in Chillout Posts: 54
Hi Apollo,

Since the WP4.5 update release, (I have not yet updated) The nav menu on our site has stopped working correctly on Safari and is glitchy/doesnt work at all on Chrome & Firefox. When you click on a menu item it doesn't move to the relative anchor nav.

On Safari it looks like it is trying to load our mobile page (We did have a mobile redirect plugin - WMF mobile redirector -, which has been working very well for last 2 weeks). I have since deleted the Mobile re-direct plugin and cleared the cache to see if this resolves our nav issue, the site is still not navigating the the relative anchor when the menu item clicked.

Your help will be appreciated.

Mandy
http://tinyurl.com/jtjggzw

Comments

Hi Mandy

the items in navigation menu are linking to mobile site, it's more like leftovers after this WMF plugin.
    edit home page, check if rows have assigned Navigation Anchors according to what You want and save the home page.

If this wont work - please re-edit menu and compose it with the right set of Navigation Anchors (I mean pick those which are used in standard version of home page).
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
    Your advice has worked.
    I checked both the home & mobile page nav anchors etc, and re-edited the menu.

Our mobile page, was a clone of our home page but with some changes to some of the sections.
    Our mobile page does not use a menu - but the anchor links were left on the sections. Perhaps this was causing conflict.

I will try to re-download the mobile re-direct plugin - and see if it conflicts now that we deleted the nav anchors on mobile page. As we would really like to use our alternate mobile page for our site.

Thank you Apollo for your fantastic support.

Will there be a theme update with the new WP4.5 update?

Mandy
    Mandy said:
    Will there be a theme update with the new WP4.5 update?
    Yes, we certainly will do this. Stay tuned.
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.