Before you ask please READ THIS

Updated theme, unable to update visual composer

in Thirteen Posts: 2
Hi, I've seen a few other threads on this topic but these are my specific issues:
I tried to update the Thirteen theme but I was unable to get the auto-update to work. As a result I downloaded the newest version of the theme from Themeforest, changed the name of the original Thirteen theme manually by FTP and installed the new Thirteen theme as if it was a new install. Now I am getting a message telling me that Visual Composer needs to be updated.
When I clicked on the link to update it says "To receive automatic updates license activation is required. Please visit Settings to activate your Visual Composer."
When I visit settings it tells me I need to activate my license by buying a licence code. I'm guessing I don't actually have to buy a licence code as it should be included with the theme, but how do I go about updating VC?
Thanks!

Comments

Typical... just after I post looking for help I fixed it! I deactivated VC and then tried to update it and it worked with no problems :-)
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)

Yes it is exactly the solution ;-) Till version 4.11.2 of VC there was problem with update, but finally they fixed it, and there should be no problems with updates from now on.

With kind regards.