Before you ask please READ THIS

WPML custom selector in footer

CFPCFP
in Photon Posts: 122
Hi, so I use wpml. The language selector is in the footer next to the social icons. http://www.friedsamphotography.com
In the desktop view the css is ok. but on the mobile device like iPhone (horizontal and vertical) the whole line (lang selector and social icons) is not centered. Thats what I want.

Do you know what kind of css I have to change and give me a hand?

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Please try such custom CSS:

@media only screen and (max-width: 768px) {
    #footer .lang_selector{
    display: block;
    float: none;
    margin-bottom: 14px;
    }
    }
    With kind regards.
  • CFPCFP
    You are awesome man! That works perfectly.

Is there any way to get this in the child theme?
    I added this line "echo language_selector_flags();" in line 106 in the footer.php (advance - utilities). But to copy that with the exact same folders in the child theme structure it will not work.
  • AirAir
    edited May 2016 Posts: 10,970
    Then you have to copy modified function to child theme like described here http://apollo13.eu/docs/photon/#!/modification_of_theme_changing_theme_functions

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • CFPCFP
    Thank You!
  • CFPCFP
    A additional question. Now the switch for WPML is a separate "line" in the footer. On devices in vertical mode this ist not so good because the space is needed e.g. for the thumbnails of the album slider.

Is it possible to fit that next to the social media icons on the left?
  • AirAir
    Making modifications to your modifications to achieve compatibility is kind of beyond support :-)

However please show with screen shot and link what you mean, cause I am not sure that I understand it fully.

With kind regards.
  • CFPCFP
    Did it by myself :)