Before you ask please READ THIS

preloader

in Thirteen Posts: 7
Hi!
Since the update (yesterday) I did it seems the preloader is stuck.
The theme does not work. All I see is the prealoder.
I hope you have a quick solution.
Please let me know what I can do.
Or what you can do?
Thanks

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)
    Thefox said: Since the update (yesterday) I did it seems the preloader is stuck.
    Update of what? Theme? WordPress?

Can you post link to your site so I could see in console what is breaking your site?

With kind regards.
    Hi!
    The theme was updated.
    Wordpress has been updated recently.
    This is what happened... :(
    thefoxismine.com
    Thanks
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

I have just checked your site, and theme is not updated at all. You are using version 1.0.0. See change log http://www.apollo13.eu/themes_update/thirteen/index.html
    Also you have old version of visual composer which will also make issues. Please update theme and Visual Composer, as described here http://apollo13.eu/docs/thirteen/#!/installation_update_update_theme

Disable Visual Composer before updating it from theme.

With kind regards.
    Aha! Thanks. I updated the visual composer, but so far no result. But why does wp tell me the theme is updated? I can't update through the envato toolkit. I have the theme update, but can't update automatically. I will have to wait for someone to do the update manually. :(
  • AirAir
    Can't you do it manually? Log to your FTP and just follow instructions(delete theme folder, and upload new one).
    If you can't do it then I can help you, but first please try yourself.

With kind regards.
    I am afraid if I do it all customization will be lost. It took me a long time to have it the way it was before the preloader was stuck... I am still hoping it can be restored.
  • AirAir
    If you read documentation then you will know that none of modification done in theme settings will be lost. If you however did modification in code, then yes, you have a problem ;-)
    Thefox said: I am still hoping it can be restored.
    You would have to downgrade your WordPress to version 4.4.x which is not recommended.

With kind regards.

waaah, thanks.
    Why downgrading? and how? and in the future? Doesn't it update automatically?
    I am sorry but I am really scared I mess things up. I have to find someone to log in and look at it and reinstall.
  • AirAir
    Thefox said: Why downgrading? and how? and in the future? Doesn't it update automatically?
    If you would like to restore it back like you wrote previously. All is up to you.

Listen, just update that theme by ftp. Make yourself a copy of what you have on FTP(or only current version of theme) and do it instead of wasting time doing nothing :-)
    If you didn't change anything in code then fear nothing.

With kind regards.
    Haha, thanks, you're right. :)
    theme update failed...
    again and again
  • AirAir
    What exactly fails? Any details? :-)