Before you ask please READ THIS

light Gallery function

CFPCFP
in Photon Posts: 122
The theme includes the whole light Gallery but I can't use even the simplest one.
id="lightgallery" doesn't work, even when I use the id="album-media-collection" I can't add more than one image.

And hey I have add some lightGalery functions to a js file.

And also when I turn off the whole function in script.js line 2143 and load mine it does not work.

How can I use lightGallery like normal from anywhere (posts, pages etc.)?

Comments

• AirAir
    From what you wrote I understand nothing, sorry.

What you want exactly to change from default behaviour? And why would you remove our version of lightGallery and insert yours?

With kind regards.
  • CFPCFP
    For e.g. I want to include in a blog post some pictures in a light gallery or to call a specific page within an iFrame in lightgallery. For this I have to add a js and I added it. But nothing works.

The normal way is to do it with a div-tag with the id="lightgallery" after that the a-tag with the image.

The theme allows only the id-tag "album-media-collection" inside a ul-tag - than li - than the image.
  • AirAir
    edited June 2016 Posts: 10,970
    Well it is used for Albums, so it is fine, but you can extend it if you like. Before line ~2148(script.js):

var $gallery = $("#album-media-collection");
    if( $gallery.length ){
    Insert your use for .lightGallery

You also add it as else condition for above code, so it wont interfere with albums.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • CFPCFP
    edited June 2016 Posts: 122
    Ok, when I insert there it works, but only for one image. More images won't work.
    But I will NOT change the parent files. Is there a way to include this in a child js or in the child function.php?

This than will work:
    div id="lightgallery"
    a href="img"
    /div

This not:
    div id="lightgallery"
    a href="img"
    a href="img"
    a href="img"
    a href="img"
    /div

Sorry for this kind of "code" but I can't insert a code to be shown.
    Post edited by CFP on
  • CFPCFP
    This function.php code seems not to work if I want to change it:

if(!function_exists('lightbox : function()')){
    lightbox : function(){
    //if no lightbox script do nothing
    //Using lightGallery ?
  • AirAir
    edited June 2016 Posts: 10,970
    Put your code in pre and code HTML tags( https://css-tricks.com/posting-code-blocks-wordpress-site/ )
    CFP said: Is there a way to include this in a child js or in the child function.php?
    I have answered it here http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/4059/modifying-js-files - Never done it before.

I don't have a clue what you are trying to do in your second post.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on