Before you ask please READ THIS

Variables disregarded, and not sent. Customers can now order anything. Outdated template files?

Hi there. Product variables aren't being sent, and customers are suddenly able to purchase products irrespective of their variables, ie; size/color availability. This is a big problem.

I've noticed that a few files including single-product/variable.php are versions old. Can we please have an update?

I'm a themeforest user by the way. Love your work. Thanks.

fame/woocommerce/order/order-details.php version 2.3.0 is out of date. The core version is 2.6.0,
fame/woocommerce/single-product/add-to-cart/variable.php version 2.1.0 is out of date. The core version is 2.5.0,
fame/woocommerce/single-product/review.php version 2.1.0 is out of date. The core version is 2.6.0,

re: www.alcapparel.com

Comments

• Oh I see those files are irrelevant now. I've updated the theme manually. I'll report back to see if the issue is all cleared up.
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)

Yes after you did update, everything should be fine, but please come back if you find something wrong.

With kind regards.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 10
    Hi we've had further problems unfortunately. Today is the bi-annual half price sale, and maybe 1 in every 20 orders are coming through with no variations. I've tested using browserstack to see if the drop downs are being shown, and they are. I believe it's letting people add to cart, and then proceed to checkout, without taking variations into consideration...

The site in question is www.alcapparel.com
    variations menus.png
    1018 x 640 - 244K
    novariations.png
    386 x 461 - 25K
    Post edited by AdamThomsonNZ on
  • AirAir
    Hi again:-)

I don't know if I can help you there, cause it might be more WooCommerce issue, or some special case. This happens on different layer(then our styles for WooCommerce pages), and woocommerce shouldn't allow accepting products with varaints to not have variants selected.

We don't have enough details to know what is happening. It would be good to ask woocommerce guys also, but you need to give more details when it happens, what product can be bought this way.

With kind regards.
  • I've figured out the cause, but not a solution...

On the shop category pages (eg: http://www.alcapparel.com/categories/mens/tees/) the 'Add to Cart' button when you hover over a product thumb should be changing to a 'Select Options' button for products with variables, right? It's not doing that, and is instead adding any product straight to the cart irrespective of variables added.

I've emailed WooCommerce about it, but now I'm thinking it's indeed a template issue?

Thanks in advance.

Adam
  • AirAir
    In this case you are probably right. Let me do check on this and come back to you in few minutes. Please just tell me did you make full update of theme or selective one(picked up files that changed with updates) ?

With kind regards.
    I usually replace "new and updated" files, but recently I noticed somethings had changed, and removed the variables.php file, and the folder it was in. Should I delete and replace all theme files?

The website is live, and in the middle of a 50% off sale. I'm a little hesitant to change much in case something breaks.
  • AirAir
    edited August 2016 Posts: 10,970
    AdamThomsonNZ said: Should I delete and replace all theme files?
    If everything else works fine for now then leave it that way, but keep in mind that such thing, as removing files, can happen between updates.

About topic: you have found bug indeed. Here is fix:
    Unpack file from attachment, and upload it to fame\woocommerce\loop\add-to-cart.php

Sorry for all problems caused by this, and big thanks for helping hunting this down!

With kind regards.
    zip
    zip
    add-to-cart.zip
    847B
    Post edited by Air on
    Woohoo I found a bug! I feel a strange sense of pride!

The "Select Options" button is working properly again. As can be seen at http://www.alcapparel.com/categories/mens/tees/

Thanks for acting on this problem so fast. The clothing company will be very happy.
  • AirAir
    AdamThomsonNZ said: Thanks for acting on this problem so fast
    It is all thanks to your help. Glad we could make it together ;-)

With kind regards.
  • Turns out my client wasn't so happy. About 20 orders came through without variations. Some disappointed customers. Oh well. It's still a great template. Thanks again.
  • AirAir
    Sorry for that. I hope he/she didn't put you in bad mood cause of that. You seem so nice person:-)
    Only thing I can say that bugs are just unavoidable when software(WC and WP) constantly changes. Still I would rather avoid bugs ;-)

Wish you all good!
  • Hey Air. Thanks for solving this so quickly last time. The problem has reoccurred with an order. Can you please recheck to see if the problem has reoccurred in the code? Thank you!
  • AirAir
    AdamThomsonNZ said: The problem has reoccurred with an order.
    Maybe it was old order, that client started before fixing issue and finished now? Can you tell which product?
    I have been on your site and it looks like everything works fine.

Btw. you might be interested in installing https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-quantity-increment/ to have nicer quantity increment like on our demo http://fame.apollo13.kinsta.com/product/dancing-darling-skater-dress/

With kind regards.
    ss-2016-08-23_09-18-25.png
    358 x 110 - 2K