Before you ask please READ THIS

Contact Page display problems

What a brilliant theme you guys have built. It looks fantastic.

This is my first attempt at working with wordpress. It took me a couple of days to figure out the various tool but I'm starting to make progress using visual composer.

I'm having a problem with the contact pages. Only the contact-two-columns and contact-three-columns will display. All other options display only a white page. Have tried in both Safari and in Google Chrome.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

Could you give more details where it happens? Like live link.
    I think problem might also be in your WordPress memory limit(but this is just pure guess) -> https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

With kind regards.
  • Also when I click back from the page which wont load properly the home page then fails to display and I have to refresh the site. Memory issue?
  • AirAir
    You have maintenance mode tuned on, so I can't see those sites. Could you turn it off ?
    kineticnz said: Also when I click back from the page which wont load properly the home page then fails to display and I have to refresh the site. Memory issue?
    This sound more like JavaScript error, but I will haver to check in console, when I will get working link.

With kind regards.
  • There is no define WP memory limit line in my config file.
  • AirAir
    kineticnz said: There is no define WP memory limit line in my config file.
    You have to add it there as explained in link. Google around to see how people do it :-) It will make it more clear.
  • Apologies. Should be available now.
  • AirAir
    I have checked and indeed there is some javascript error on this problematic layout. I would like to check it if you allow me.
    Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

With kind regards.
    Hi Guys, did you get this sorted. As I have the same problem too. none of the contact pages are showing and can not go back on any of the pages, seems to go to white space.
  • AirAir
    Hello there:-)

Try disabling Wp google maps plugin or adding API KEy in this plugin configuration. Should fix this.

With kind regards.
    Thats great! thank you it seem to of worked. However i am still having trouble clicking back as when I do I get a blank white screen,
  • AirAir
    That is rather odd. Can you give example when it happens and in what browser?

With kind regards.
    It on most pages. so for example i will visit the home page and click through navigation to services navigation - presentation page. If I try to click back to the previous page it just white blank. I use a mac on safari.

Thanks
    Hi Air, any thoughts on the clicking back issue?
  • AirAir
    Still I didn't see link to your site. Have you tried on different browser, like firefox for example? I ask cause I don't have access to Mac.

With kind regards.
    Here you go: http://www.base2devsite.com. It's still a work in progress.
  • AirAir
    I have tested your site on Chrome and FireFox on Windows. No issues seen.
    What version of safari do you use?
    Air said: Have you tried on different browser, like firefox for example? I ask cause I don't have access to Mac.
    What about that?

With kind regards.
    How strange...just tested on chrome myself and works well. I have safari Version 9.1. How can we raise this as an issue with the developers. I know not as common as other OS but Id say a fair chunk of the population do to warrant some sort of patch to fix.
  • AirAir
    Hey:-)

Give me some time, as I need to get to Mac Safari and test it there. If I will be able to repeat it there, then I could debug it and fix it. Give me few days, and big thanks for report about this.
    I will be in touch with you.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    @Inunoo - doyou have adblock on your Safari or using Kaspersky antivirus? I have found some topic, where people had same issue on safari. I am digging further:-)
    @Air - no i'm afraid not just plain old safari. I can't understand why there is an issue with safari when the others work, As a marketing site, there will be a few people using and exploring on Mac's without being stereotypical in nature.

Thanks for your assistance in trying to sort this out, it's appreciated.
  • AirAir
    Inunoo said: I can't understand why there is an issue with safari when the others work,
    That is how software world works :-) Thanks for info, we will continue searching.

With kind regards.

• Hi @Air any luck with finding out the issue with pressing back on a mac?
  • I'm hoping to put the site live any day now so would be handy to have a solution before then?
  • AirAir
    Hi there:-)

I see your page is now in coming soon mode so I can't test there anymore. Can you tell me do you have same problem on Safari with our demos? Is it every demo, or just some? I need site so I could test it on and you are only one that could tell me where to test now. I also need Mac ;-) Hopefully friend will help me with last one.

With kind regards.
  • @Air - Ok heres what i have ben able to find out. The problem is the same on your demos. Tested out carson the one I am using now results were exactly the same as my site blank white screen when clicking back. I also tested out Troy and Los Angeles, same issue. here is where it gets interesting Rhodes worked perfectly. The only thing I can assume is that the structure is different and works completely on parallax one page structure. I will take the maintenance page of my site so you can inspect further.

Thanks
  • AirAir
    Thanks for info. I will try to debug on carson then, so no need to disable your "coming soon".

With kind regards.
  • @air how you getting on with the fix? I had hoped to set my website live on my domain last week, but obviously can't if I know it's not working properly. It's a bit of a shame as I know you guys do great work, so why this was not not taken into account i don't know.

Thanks
  • AirAir
    Hi Inunoo.

Like I said before few times, I don't have access to Mac, and this issue is not possible to reproduce on any other browser then Mac Safari. My friend who owns Mac can help me this week finally. For now I know that this issue is caused by preloader screen, but we don't know why yet. So if you like you can deactivate preloader till we get fix.

So this is taken into account, it just take time to get access to devices.

With kind regards.
  • Ok will give that a go. where about is this is it a pluggin or something more technical?

Thanks
  • Thanks, but I am not understanding how to turn it of.
  • AirAir
    ss-2016-09-05_12-21-00.png
    376 x 213 - 7K
  • AirAir
    Yo. I just got idea, and my friend confirmed that it worked for him, so please test it.

1. Please enable preloader again.
    2. Go to file fatmoon\js\script.js line ~643 and remove this

//show preloader when page changes
    $window.on('beforeunload', show_it);
    3. Refresh cache in your Safari.
    4. Test again.

With kind regards.
  • @Air if i give you access would you go in an try to make the change? I'm not comfortable with making those types of changes myself. not that experienced, sorry to have to ask. But excited you may have a solution!
  • AirAir
    Then easier - go to our http://carson.fatmoon.kinsta.com/ where you had issue earlier. Refresh cache, and check if issue is still present there.

With kind regards.
  • Yippee! It's worked on the theme. Would be so kind and apply the same change to my theme please?
  • AirAir
    Great, thanks for info!
    Inunoo said: Would be so kind and apply the same change to my theme please?
    You should be able to do it yourself - try it, it won't bite;-)
    Anyway, same fix will be released in next update(in max 2 days from now).

With kind regards.
  • Please explain me how to get there.

Thanks
  • I have had a good look around the editor and still can't find where you are refer to. I'm happy to try myself but if you could tell me where to go that would be great.

Thanks
  • AirAir
    I don't know how to explain it better then before. Just search in that file for $window.on('beforeunload', show_it); and I am sure you will locate it.

With kind regards.
  • @air I got it! Thanks for you help. If the could note one more thing you may be able to shed some light on? Page speed with the update is slightly slower than the main template. Is there anything I can do about that to match it to the template design speeds.

You can find the site at: www.base2digital.com

feel free to make any other comments you feel would be of benefit.

Thanks
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

Glad you did it.

About your question: I think it is long time when your question is not connected to topic title, so it would be good to start new for this thing. Anyway server difference is enough to make difference.

With kind regards.
  • @Air, we got there indeed,just one thing the update that was sent. Is it just the change we have already implemented or are there any other goodies there?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!