Before you ask please READ THIS

Sample Page

For the life of me I cannot figure out where to change the images on the Sample Page/homepage of my site. Please help. info.nicolas-chahine.com. I have the Valencia theme.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

In Valencia demo we use Album slider as front page http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#!/adding_frontpage

So go to Albums and edit album that is set as front page.

With kind regards.
    Hi Air, I don't think it's working. Please look at the screenshots. I looked in "Albums" .. there is no "album" that's connected to the front page. Please help.

Thank you,

Jad
    Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 9.45.41 PM.png
    634 x 215 - 28K
    Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 9.47.08 PM.png
    1270 x 721 - 164K
    Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 9.51.53 PM.png
    1261 x 749 - 133K
    I cannot find "Single Album" anywhere. Please help.
    Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 10.32.51 PM.png
    397 x 291 - 30K
  • AirAir
    OK, I see problem is understanding "wording".

"Single album" that you showed in last post, refers to "Albums" that you found in your second post. Under this "Single Album" you can see which album is chosen for front page. In case of Valencia demo this album is called "Carousel & Thumbs".

With kind regards.
    ss-2016-10-03_09-36-42.png
    396 x 385 - 11K
    Air, I'm trying my best to follow your instructions, but I'm having many challenges with them. Please see the screenshot - (1) only 3 single albums are active, yet the front page currently is currently disabling a "draft" album. (2) I don't want another album active. All I want is to make this 1 picture (attached appear in the background. That is it. Can you please tell me how to get the attached picture to display on the background. That is it, nothing more. Can I disable the slider? If so, where?
    Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 3.33.53 AM.png
    384 x 444 - 35K
    NICOLAS.CHAHINE.INVITE.jpeg
    762 x 540 - 132K
  • AirAir
    Hi again.

That thing that you see only 3 albums named same sound odd, I would like to check your site what is wrong there.
    About background - I think you more would like to make one photo album then putting it in background cause it would be covered then by other content.

Anyway I think I should inspect your installation cause maybe there is something wrong.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

Thank you .. sent in private message to you.
    Hi Air, did you receive my private message ? The event is October 8th so I need to have the website up and running right after. Thank you for your help.

Jad
    Hi, don't worry about it, I figured it out a work around. Thanks
  • AirAir
    Hi there:-) Yes I have received your message, but I just started work day now. I will log in anyway to check if everything is fine.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    OK, you did very well in case of image on home page - good job!

In case of albums - looks like something broke during import, cause all albums are in draft mode, so they have to be published to be available. Or maybe you switched them to draft mode?

With kind regards.