Before you ask please READ THIS

_blank from links on my works page

How do I stop these opening a new window please whenever I click on an item?

http://www.johncove.co.uk/#a13_Examples

Comments

Hi
    edit home page, find 'Works list' shortcode, edit it and set 'Link target' parameter to 'To container via ajax'
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
  • Doesn't work.
    Should work, could you give me access to admin panel? If yes - send the credentials via private message.
    All the Best.
  • Doesn't work - PM to follow.
    Well - you put custom url address for each work item. In this case link will be always opened in new tab.
    If you want to change this behavior - small code changes are required in plugin named 'Visual Composer extend by Apollo13'.
    Are you OK with that? I can change this for you and leave you with small How-To for the future.
    All the Best.
  • I had to as it was running on a dev server in a dev folder. Please change this with a How-To for the future. Thanks.
    So it's all about the file '..\wp-content\plugins\vc_extend_apollo13_ceevee\a13_shortcodes.php' file
    line around 780.
    find
    if($custom_link){
                    $teasers .= '<a target="_blank" title="'.esc_html($content).'" class="g-link custom_link '.esc_attr($block_link.' '.$brick_layout_position.' '.$brick_layout.' '.$ajax_anchor_class).'"  href="'.esc_url($url).'" id="album-' . esc_attr($post_id) . '">';
                }
    and change to
    if($custom_link){
                    $teasers .= '<a target="_self" title="'.esc_html($content).'" class="g-link custom_link '.esc_attr($block_link.' '.$brick_layout_position.' '.$brick_layout.' '.$ajax_anchor_class).'"  href="'.esc_url($url).'" id="album-' . esc_attr($post_id) . '">';
                }
    All the Best.
  • Thank you.

But won't I overwrite all these changes when I upgrade your theme to the latest versions?
  • Also - I editted the above file and your excerpt is not there. I even searched the file, and still nothing?!
    johncove said:
    But won't I overwrite all these changes when I upgrade your theme to the latest versions?
    Yes, it will. That's why I gave you instructions on how to bring that modification back.
    johncove said: Also - I editted the above file and your excerpt is not there. I even searched the file, and still nothing?!
    It's already changed. Clicking on work item is now working as you requested.
    And this file is within plugins folder, not themes.
    All the Best.
  • OK - thanks.

A real pain - can't you add functionality in the theme to change the styling as I am sure this would be a good feature for others to use too.
    johncove said: to change the styling
    styling?

All the Best.
  • So, I can change the colours and margins after you've added as the margin seem to be dynamic at the moment and I haven't tried to add a button background colour yet.
    Please - let me know. If you can modify css and if you're more or less fluent with css - go to CeeVee Options >> Custom Style and work there.
    If not - provide me more detailed info of how you'd like to have this done.
    All the Best.
  • Thanks :) I am ok with CSS, it is the code generated inline CSS that I have problems with through VC :(

Thanks for your help!

The theme is FANTASTIC!
  • How can I change the order these items are displayed - Ideally, I'd like them in ascending date order. I can't work out what the order actually is! Cheers.
    johncove said: How can I change the order these items are displayed - Ideally, I'd like them in ascending date order. I can't work out what the order actually is!
    While editing the 'Works list' shortcode you can find at the bottom two options:'Order by' and 'Order way'
    The combination of those two gives you control over order of items being displayed.
    All the Best.
  • Is that DATE CREATION order???
    yes
    All the Best.
  • Thanks.