Before you ask please READ THIS

Unable to import the demo content

in Rife Posts: 11
Every time i try to download the demo for rife it says forbidden, unknown error.
I have already downloaded the theme etc but the content isn't downloaded.
please help.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

I will need access to your server to verify what can be blocking it in your case.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress and FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

With kind regards.
    ok sending in private message
  • AirAir
    Hello thanks for data.

For me importer works now. Maybe your host has white listed our domain now. Can you verify does it works for you, cause I don't want to import anything that you didn't plan.

With kind regards.
    i tried importing only demo content for general demo and i got an error. unknown error- error forbidden.
    same as before no change.
  • AirAir
    OK I see it now. Looks like you server has various protections for too many requests.
    While importing there is need for numerous AJAX requests, and after few your server returns 403 error, probably to save your server from DDOS attack. Anyway this kills import process.

There are two solutions:

1. I have idea how to modify code of importer to make it wait few seconds with request if server returns 403, however I need FTP access to test it on you server.
    2. You server admin would have to switch off this protection for import time.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    OK I have rewritten script for import to be more "protection" proof :-) So now it will try several times before failing with error. So now I only wait for FTP access to make sure that it will work on your server.
    Reply from my server admin.
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please let us know the exact issue so that would be in a better position to assist you.

I have also checked the server and I could see that curl is also installed on the server.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask us, we will be happy to answer them. Please feel free to contact us for further help.

Also I have already sent you ftp details in pm .
  • AirAir
    time said: Also I have already sent you ftp details in pm .
    Please read my reply to that PM.
    I see that my website which was running is not functioning now. Can you see what's going on. Thankd
  • AirAir
    I replied to this in PM. Looks like your sever is under huge overload at the moment.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 38
    Hi, I hope you are doing excellent, I am trying to import the design Demo 11. When I click all the options, the progress bar remains in the "Instaling Plugins" phase. Then, when I try again and uncheck the plugins, the pop up message says "Importer returned data in wrong format, so it can not continue. Probably unexpected HTML leaked into server reply instead of JSON format.".

I need to import all the content, what can I do?

Thanks.

---------

Updating:

I already done the installation. I start checking one by one and after all, everything was installed.

Thanks.
    Post edited by RIGDD on
  • AirAir
    Hello there:-)

Thanks for info and update.

About your issue:
    RIGDD said: "Importer returned data in wrong format, so it can not continue. Probably unexpected HTML leaked into server reply instead of JSON format.".
    This often happens if server is running out of memory, but there can be also other reasons.

However if you have managed to make it work, that is great!

If you like you can send screen shot of your server configuration from Importer page.

With kind regards.
    Hi Air, thanks for your reply and comment. It's always helpful to finally know which the problem could be.

I'l try to send you the info later.

Thanks again and kind regards.