Before you ask please READ THIS

Rife - Works Slider inconsistencies

I've discovered an irregularity with the Works Media Slider.

Only under Works does the Slider function seem to change the Vertical Header Menu.

Everywhere else on the site, our Vertical Header is static. Our Albums almost all feature Media Sliders, and the Vertical Header is static. For our Works that feature Media Bricks, the Vertical Header is static.

Only on the Works that feature Media Slider does the Vertical Header move with the page.

This does not seem to be affected by any Global Setting in the Customizer or with any on-page settings under Works Details.

Please can you supply code that can force a page's Vertical Header to remain static so that we can fix the one Works page that is not in style with the rest of our site.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Could you send link to your site where it happens, so I could see issue on real page ?

With kind regards
  • Thanks!

As said, this Works page with a Works Media Slider is our only page with a moving Vertical Header: https://new.david-lazarus.com/work/cape-town-photographer/

You can compare this to the other Works page with featured Works Media, this time in Bricks format, that has the correct static Vertical Header: https://new.david-lazarus.com/work/product-photography/

Our Album pages with Works Media Sliders do not have this issue, and display a static Vertical Header, as desired.

If I change the problematic Works page (the first link) to Bricks format, the Vertical Header becomes static as desired. Is there any code we can implement to force a static header while keeping the Slider format?
  • AirAir
    I don't see this issue(if I understand it right) on page you have mentioned. I have tested it on Firefox and Chrome. I will need more details, so I could think of any solution:

1. On what browser you see this issue?
    2. Could you catch screen shot or video that shows issue?
    3. Does it happen on every visit on this page, or random?
    4. Does issue disappear after resizing browser window?

With kind regards.
  • Thank you for your help.

Yes, it seems to be an issue related to the window size in Chrome (on Mac at least) - if the window is not at full size or at a weird dimension, it seems to affect the Vertical Header - resize, and it acts like normal.

Just one of those idiosyncrasies of responsiveness, I guess.

No longer an issue, thanks!
  • Hi! Thank you, it seems to be related to window size on Chrome. Not an issue.

Let me know if I should start a new ticket, but on this same Works page in question, is there some code we can use to disable Slider Pagination for this page only?
  • AirAir
    davidlazarus said: in Chrome (on Mac at least) - if the window is not at full size or at a weird dimension, it seems to affect the Vertical Header - resize, and it acts like normal.
    I will take a look at it. Maybe vertical header have some hidden glitches, that need to be hunt down. Thanks for more detials.
    davidlazarus said: Let me know if I should start a new ticket
    Generally yes, but I will help you here ;-)
    davidlazarus said: on this same Works page in question, is there some code we can use to disable Slider Pagination for this page only?
    You mean this 1/5 counter ? I see it got broken by your minify plugin/script.
    Anyway you can hide it with this custom CSS:
    .postid-10824 span.slides-count{
    display: none;
    }
    With kind regards.