Before you ask please READ THIS

Add Google Font

Hi there,

I want to use the Google Font "Balow" but it is not in the list of G fonts provided. Is it possible to add it?

I already added it via the "Easy Google Fonts" Plugin but it does not work sufficient.

Thanks in Advance!

Comments

• AirAir
    edited February 2018 Posts: 10,970
    Hello:-)
    SimonBro said: I already added it via the "Easy Google Fonts" Plugin but it does not work sufficient.
    It will not work for theme settings. It seems that Redux Framework is out of date currently.

However if you have added this font via plugin and it is embeded in your site you can use this instruction to bind it to proper elements.
    Focus only on CSS part: http://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/customizing-the-theme/general-settings/fonts-settings/ ->
    Using Custom Font from font file -> Groups of elements

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Thanks that worked!

What I couldn't do is that the navigation and buttons show the font-weight 400 (regular) instead of bold (700).

Is there a solution for that?

Thanks in advance.
  • AirAir
    Have you marked in menu settings(Customizer) that links should be bold?

With kind regards.
  • Thanks, that worked with the menu but not with the buttons. Tried to change it in the Customizer (Customizing ▸ General settings ▸ Buttons) as well.
  • AirAir
    Could you show me link where your button is ? Mark it on screen shot also please.

With kind regards.
  • Sure, here is the link: https://www.mariuskursawe.de/ and the screenshot attached.
    Marius Kursawe – Unternehmer Autor Speaker.png
    2880 x 9960 - 6M
  • AirAir
    I believe your screen shot didn't work.
    Anyway I see that for buttons there is set normal font-weight. Try to switch it few times before saving between bold & normal - unfortunately this is issue caused by Redux plugin, but should by removed in around month ;-)

With kind regards.
  • hm it does not work. The font weight does not change at all.
  • AirAir
    Now I see you mean those blue buttons. However they are already bold, so they use font-weight: 700;

It is same as on your screen shot. You want them to be even bolder?

Anyway those buttons are set from WPBakery, so they are not controlled by theme settings, so you don't have to switch them any more.

With kind regards.
  • ok, managed to change it. Thanks!