Before you ask please READ THIS

Page starts halfway down

in Rife Posts: 33
Hello,

I'm using a rev slider as the first thing on one of my pages. I think because I built it in Elementor, every time I go to the page, it always starts at the first text box instead of the full screen rev slider at the top of the page.

How can I fix this?

Also, there's a gap as the first thing on the page again. I have no idea how to fix it.
I already tried doing this as explained earlier by Daniel: https://s.nimbus.everhelper.me/share/1497657/wzxh2m21uad7762fakq4

But that didn't help.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

1. What is your page address?
    2. What browser you are testing in?

With kind regards.
    Hey Air,

1. https://metexmedia.com/metex-plus/
    2. Google Chrome Version 65.0.3325.146
  • AirAir
    Hi Metex:-)

Unfortunately your site is under coming soon mode, so I can not view it. Could you send me access to it via private message, or unlock it?

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Indeed this is strange that it opens this way. I would suspect that some plugin could be doing this. I see one plugin is using script position.js what could indicate that it is doing this trick, but it is pure guess.

When I disable JavaScript in browser then it works fine, so it is probably some plugin doing this with JS.

Try disabling some of them like described in point 4 here https://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/12/before-you-ask-read-this-#debug_issue

With kind regards.
    Hi Air,

With only Apollo13 Framework Extensions and Slider Revolution activated it still happens. I can't disable these two as they mess with the design. What's the next step here?
  • AirAir
    Hey Metex:-)

You are right, I think I was too quick in thinking about it.

Maybe it is something in Revolution slider then? I mean in this exact slider.
    Have you tried with different Slider added to this page?

Sorry for not having precise answer. I have never seen such issue yet, so we are learning together what could it be.

With kind regards.
    Hi Air,

I asked the Revolution Slider developers too. They seem to think it's an issue with the theme itself.

When creating a new page and using the same slider, it works fine. You can see that here:
    http://metexmedia.com/themepunch/

I'm thinking it's either an issue related to the theme or the Elementor. However, my guess is this isn't an easy fix, so I'm probably better off starting from scratch on another page.

Let me know.

Regards,
    Erik
  • AirAir
    Hey metex:-)

On this page browser has nowhere to scroll so can't be sure it works fine;-)

Good idea to check is it theme or elementor, would be to switch to default WordPress theme for and check then is it doing same thing.

Anyway hope starting fresh will eliminate this strange issue.

With kind regards.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 33
    Hey again Air,

I found the problem, however I don't know how to solve it.

The site functions perfectly fine until I add the album to the page

I use this line of code:

[a13fe-scroller id="10589" autoplay="0" window_high="0" effect="blur" thumbs="0" ratio="3/1"]

If I refresh the page, it will then scroll halfway down.

If I remove the line of code again, the page functions flawlessly again. It's definitely related to the theme.

These changes were made on a completely new page, so I can easily reproduce the issue.

I hope this gives you an idea as to what is wrong :)

Best Regards,
    Erik
    Post edited by metex on
  • AirAir
    Hey:-)

Thanks for all info. I will try to reproduce it on my installation and check what could be causing such behavior, cause it is rather strange.

Sorry for all the problems !

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Ha! I figured it out when I stopped writing to you :-)

It is focus :-) After page loads click left/right arrow on your keyboard - you will see that scroller moves then. To do it, it needs to be focused.
    When browser notice that something is focused out of view then it scrolls to it.

If you need quick fix before update you an do such change in code:
    js/script.js line ~4263, change
    .on('mousewheel', requestWheelTick)
    						.focus();
    to
    .on('mousewheel', requestWheelTick);
    Thanks for all help! I will think how best solve this focus or to remove it completely.

With kind regards.
    Hey Air,

Thanks, that fixed it! :)

I'm still having an issue with the whitebox above the rev slider. I've attached a screenshot.

Is this related to the theme or the slider?

Previously Daniel and I worked it out with an Elementor setting, but that didn't fix it this time. This issue can also be reproduced, so I'm probably doing something wrong. I hope you can pin point it!

Cheers and again thanks a lot for the help!

whitebox.png
    1920 x 633 - 1M
  • AirAir
    metex said: I'm still having an issue with the whitebox above the rev slider. I've attached a screenshot.
    You have empty paragraph just above revo slider. You probably added it by shortcode, and left empty space/line?

Check it :-)

With kind regards.
    I'm convinced you worked some magic :) I just checked it today and suddenly it was just working.

Thanks a lot for the help! I'll be back shortly with some other unrelated difficulties I ran in to. Sorry in advance! :sweat_smile:
  • AirAir
    I didn't do anything, however great it is working:-)