Before you ask please READ THIS

Disable Submenu Shadow and Background

in FatMoon Posts: 4
Hello,
I'm trying to remove the shadow from the menu -> submenu. Also, is there a spot to make all the submenu backgrounds transparent?
Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 12.51.16 PM.png
1318 x 294 - 60K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)
    dang8 said: is there a spot to make all the submenu backgrounds transparent?
    Go to Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Main Menu → "Flyout submenu"/megamenu background color and set color with 0 opacity (lower scroller of color control)
    dang8 said: trying to remove the shadow from the menu -> submenu
    Please use this custom CSS:
    .header-horizontal .top-menu ul {
        box-shadow: none;
    }
    With kind regards.
    Sadly, that does not seem to work.

I also tried

.header-horizontal .top-menu ul {
    box-shadow: none !important;
    }

and that also did not remove the shadow
  • AirAir
    Please send me link to your site, where you have added this CSS. Maybe there is error or something is overwriting this.

With kind regards.
    here is a link to the site:

www.christymayfieldcoaching.com/new/

we had to use the mega menu plugin because the client wanted the menu to open when hovering, and a much tighter box, and couldn't find those options in the theme. I removed any options that might be over riding the themes menu styles (made sure that the option for !important was turned OFF)
  • AirAir
    In that case, when you don't use theme menu, then my custom CSS just couldn't work ;-) As this plugin produces different code.

In this case you will have to modify it from this plugin settings, or with custom CSS.

Anyway for shadow use this instead:
    .mega_main_menu li.default_dropdown > ul {
        box-shadow: none;
    }
    Anyway I see this plugin have "skins", so maybe you can upload your own, or edit current one.

With kind regards.
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! That worked perfectly!