Before you ask please READ THIS

Too Many redirects

Hi,

I have just tried to set my website live, but it's saying the page has too many redirects so it is not showing in the browser. When I switch back to my old theme the site works fine. Could you maybe help me identify what might be the problem here?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Saskia

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello Saskia:-)

I believe it can be something with album/work permalinks. Do you have one of those set as front page?

Anyway try refreshing permalinks http://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/basic-setup/permalinks/

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    BloomBakers said: Hi,

This doesn't seem to do anything.

The problem seems to be specific to the Fatmoon theme. As when I switch the site to another theme it displays just fine in the browser. Any other ideas of where I can troubleshoot here? I'd hate not to be able to use this theme after I have put so much time and effort into designing a cool site with your theme. I was really looking forward to setting it live and sharing it with the world. I'm pretty upset about it at this point. I really hope we can solve this problem.

Thanks,

Saskia
    Hey there:-)

Please log in to a forum to reply, as your reply might get lost otherwise.

Don't worry about this issue - we will find a solution together:-) After theme worked fine on your localhost.

I have one more idea - maybe you have set "theme maintenance mode " to not existing page. Please check it in theme settings http://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/customizing-the-theme/page-settings/maintenance-mode-page/

If this will not help, I will investigate it on your installation(please don't send me any login data until I ask).

With kind regards.

• And that was it!!!! You're a genius!!! Now I am 100% ready to leave an all 5-star review for this theme! Thank you so much. :smiley:

One last strange thing though... The header seems to be lost when I view the website in the browser. It displays properly in the live preview. But when I punch in the proper URL outside of wordpress it loses the logo and header...

Any ideas why that might be?
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

Glad we were able to solve the main issue :-)

1. Could you send me a link your site, so I could see what could be going on with that logo & header?
    2. Do you have any cache plugins installed?

With kind regards.
  • www.bloombakers.co.uk

I installed W3 total cache plugin

Thanks!
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

It looks site want to load your logo from http://s727905096.websitehome.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/transparent-thumbnail-logo-1.png and it isn't there.

If this is some kind of CDN then you should refresh it. Also if you have cache plugin it would be good to refresh their cache as well.

The cache may not affect preview in Customizer, but it manifests when you view it on front-end.

Rule of thumb is to not activate any caches & CDN until you are done with theme changes, as then reflecting these changes can be affected as in your case :-)

With kind regards.