Before you ask please READ THIS

Elementor Coming Soon Page - Page Body Fonts Altered After Installing RifePro

in Rife Posts: 6
Hi Air,

BEFORE Installing RifePro (RP) today...I had designed and activated an Elementor Coming-Soon Template/page. The site is currently in Maintenance Mode and displays this page.

However I just noticed that the Body Copy/Fonts across ALL sections on this Coming-Soon Page template have been altered/changed to use ALL-CAPS,... but before it was in Capitalized Case!

I did NOT make any changes to the coming-soon template...I did NOT install any fancy plugins etc...the site is a brand new install. The only thing that changed was installing and activating RP theme today.

How did this happen? Should this happen?

Cheers
Rick

Comments

Hello Rick.

Like Air wrote he is not available today but I can help you with this question (I can help only with questions not related to programming ;) )

Every theme (including Rife) have separate font options (global options) that you can find in the customizer ( https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/customizing-the-theme/general-settings/heading-styles/ ). You can change these options BUT you can, of course, overrides these option in the Elementor.

Check the screenshot: http://nimb.ws/R2tdlz
    Every text element in the Elementor can be edited so you can change fonts size, colors, weight, transform and family.

Best Regards
    Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
    Thanks Daniel,

Yes I saw the message re Air was away.

So IF I understand you correctly...YES Installing RifePRO and its associated global settings (heading settings), would overwrite a pre-existing Elementor Template...correct?

And yeah, I understand I could just go back into Elementor and change the fonts back.

Cheers
    Rick
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)
    RavRife said: Installing RifePRO and its associated global settings (heading settings), would overwrite a pre-existing Elementor Template...correct?
    Nope, it is not like that:-)

When you created your coming soon page with Elementor you probably left typography settings for your heading on "default". It means that these settings that are not set, will inherit styles from theme styles(that is what themes do: style your website).

So when you created your page, you had a different theme, with different styles.
    When switched to Rife, default styles changed. However, the Rife theme doesn't touch your Elementor templates.

In short: what is not set explicitly, can be affected by theme styles.

Hope it is more clear now :-)

With kind regards.