Before you ask please READ THIS

Theme Elementor widget settings?

edited September 2018 in Rife Posts: 30
So I can't figure out why I have about a 20px (default) Elementor widget spacing. This 'Widgets Space (px)' is set to 0px in Elementor in global settings, column AND page, yet I still have crazy space between widgets.

Is this from the theme?

See: first widgets on page at : d2.reelists.co
Post edited by m0rg5 on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

I see padding padding: 20% 0% 0% 7%; - this 20% is 20% of window width so it will be huge.

However, it is not from the theme, it must be set in the element as it comes from CSS file created for this specific page.

With kind regards.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 30
    Is that padding: 20% 0% 0% 7%;widget spacing? Where is it coming from?
    I didn't set it.

I've got a Column set at 14, 0, 17, 8%, and that's doing what it should, and isn't widget-spacing. Changing it doesn't effect elementor widget spacing.
    Post edited by m0rg5 on
  • AirAir
    Hard to say where it is set.

If you like, I or Daniel can inspect it on your installation.

If you want this, please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on. Send it here on the forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create a new ADMIN account with a fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
    Hey Air!
    PM sent!
    Hello Morgan

Try to set this option: http://nimb.ws/6zYKEN to "default" and manipulate only paddings in your column.

I hope it helps :)

Best Regards
    Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
    HI Daniel,

I JUST figured out that my issue had to with default line spacing in Elementor. Didn't realise that separate text widgets preserved line-spacing between separate widgets (which doesn't make sense actually).

Can you clarify your fix - how this fixes widget-padding issues?

Doing this btw breaks the layout I'd created, which I can then reset with padding in desktop + mobile, should I?
    Sorry, Morgan, I have no idea what you would like to achieve (I lost in your last answer ;) ). Please create me a screenshot and mark what exactly you want to fix, it helps me a lot!

Lead Graphic Designer
    This started with me thinking the problem was Elementor widget-spacing, but it wasn't.
    It was the default text-line-spacing which affected separate adjoining elementor-widgets.

You told me to set the section height to 'default' instead of 'minimum height', I am using this height setting and setting to default breaks layout.

So, I'm asking - why did you tell me to do this?
    From the beginning I had no idea what you want to achieve, I supposed you could have a problem with big paddings in the first section so I proposed you to disable min-height.

After your last comment from 9:29 AM, I asked you for a screenshot because the situation was not clear for me.
    m0rg5 said: So, I'm asking - why did you tell me to do this?
    I'm not sure where is the problem? ;) just turn this option "on"

But still, the problem is not resolved because I don't know what you want to change or fix.

Best Regards
    Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 30
    The details are at the top of this very page, and I've repeated more than once.

Again, the problem is resolved.

I think I understand now - you were suggesting a fix unrelated to widget-spacing, when I was asking about widget-spacing. Moving on : ) . . .
    Post edited by m0rg5 on
    Great! Have a nice day :)
    Lead Graphic Designer