Before you ask please READ THIS

scroller cell width & album brick names

Hi there,

First of all thank you for creating a beautiful theme. Not much to fault so far.

I have 2 questions though:

1. When using a scroller or scroller parallax as a way to present images within an album, is there a way to set the 'cell width' to be relative to image width, depending on image dimensions (i.e. when mixing portrait and landscape images), so that regardless of image orientation they are displayed fully (uncropped) with a custom cell margin (divider) between them? See attached images for 33% and 50% cell width setting.
Note: all images are of same height

2. My proofing gallery (album list) displays all the albums but it's not displaying the album names (see album list image attached).

Note: I am running version 1.11.2 with no additional plugins installed.
All bundled plugins have been installed and activated.

Thanks in advance
Eddie
Cell-width-33%.jpg
2558 x 1281 - 1M
Cell-width-50%.jpg
2551 x 1278 - 1M
Album-list.jpg
2401 x 1277 - 237K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)
    mushko said: is there a way to set the 'cell width' to be relative to image width
    Currently, scroller is not able to do it, as it is not aware of image widths(images are used as backgrounds). It has fixed cell widths, cause otherwise, I couldn't achieve parallax effect in a reliable manner.

At some point I will try to take this challenge again, and add all those missing parts :-) However, I don't have any solution for you now.
    mushko said: My proofing gallery (album list) displays all the albums but it's not displaying the album names (see album list image attached).
    Yes, this is standard for WordPress to hide titles of password protected posts.
    I think this topic will be helpful https://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/4480/change-main-and-sub-title-pasword-protected-items

However, the solution from this topic is for Works. However, I am finishing the new update, that will be available in 2 days hopefully. I will add an option for this(to show titles of protected albums & works) from theme settings, so you don't have to mess with code :-)

With kind regards.
    Thanks for the reply.

That's a shame. How about a continuous scroller, that auto-fits the image without the parallax effect? If not as part of the theme maybe as an addon that adds additional gallery layouts?

Also it would be very helpful if the scroller detected orientation so when viewed on mobiles in portrait mode it scrolls vertically.

Thanks for adding the option to display titles of protected albums as I'm not sure which .php file to add the code to.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Couple of other issues I came across:
    1. Message sent confirmation page doesn't automatically resize/fit background image (fill screen) when used in portrait mode on mobile device. The only working way is to repeat background image in page options.

2. When viewing an album in landscape orientation on mobile device and clicking to expand menu button, the menu list drops below/outside the screen area, and if you scroll to view all menu items , the background scroller size stays static, i.e. doesn't resize so you get blank area behind the menu.
    Is there a way around this?

Regards
    Eddie
  • AirAir
    Hey there:-)

If you have more issues to talk about it would be great to start a new topic for each one, cause currently you are touching on many cases and answering to all of them is making "spaghetti replies".
    mushko said: Also it would be very helpful if the scroller detected orientation so when viewed on mobiles in portrait mode it scrolls vertically.
    Cool idea!
    mushko said: How about a continuous scroller, that auto-fits the image without the parallax effect? If not as part of the theme maybe as an addon that adds additional gallery layouts?
    Addon or not, needs careful reworking whole idea of the scroller, so it will not break pages for current users that accepted how it works.

All those ideas(above and previous) are connected to the core of scroller, so they will be probably done at one time. For now, I will collect your ideas, so I can use them when the time comes to rework scroller :-)

mushko said: Message sent confirmation page doesn't automatically resize/fit background image (fill screen) when used in portrait mode on mobile device. The only working way is to repeat background image in page options.
    Not sure what you are describing here. Maybe you are talking about something coming from another plugin? Please start a new topic, add a screenshot if possible.
    mushko said: When viewing an album in landscape orientation on mobile device and clicking to expand menu button, the menu list drops below/outside the screen area, and if you scroll to view all menu items , the background scroller size stays static, i.e. doesn't resize so you get blank area behind the menu.
    I have tried this, but it seems I cannot recreate this issue. What mobile device it was? Please start a new topic, add a screenshot if possible.

Thanks for all your reports :-)

With kind regards.