Before you ask please READ THIS

Exporting & Using Templates Between Designs/Themes

in Rife Posts: 87
Hi Guys

I may be missing something but am running into a lot of challenges with using Designs between themes. I have had to create multiple dev sites - 1 for each theme then use a duplicate posts plugin instead of Elementor.

How do I import a new template or page via Elementor without the page title - if you turn page title off in elementor the spacing is then not right as it leaves a big gap under the header instead. Also none of the theme
styling is added e.g. add shore template to gruby and all the styling is completely different. The only way to make it sort of fit is to change the advanced top margin to a negative number to remove the page title gap. I have Elementor settings to disable default sytling

The only way I could use parts from other designs was to use duplicate post plugin > clone > WP Export > WP Import so its takes a lot of time and all of the styling is from the original design! Im sure this is not a good way to do it as it probably leaves code in the page as well

Any reason why you cant move your designs between themes - Elementor PRO works this way if you create them as templates and sections and global widgets its very easy and fast.

Let me know if I am missing something here with Rife & Elementor Pro? :)

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

Our Designs are more starter setups then library that you can easily mix up.
    You can read more what is Rife Design here https://apollo13themes.com/rife/designs/#what-is-rife-design

In short: Design is a set of theme settings + Elementor content, and theme settings can affect Elementor content look.

That is why they are not easily transferable.

At the beginning we wanted Designs to be a library of "looks" that user can use for starting her/his page and filling up it with own content.

However, we see that some of you want to more mix up content from each Design, however, this is not that flexible, cause as you see you will lose some styling(that comes from theme settings) and we don't have system for selective import yet.

-----

We have plans to create separate importer that will allow you to import single Elementor templates from other Designs, but we are not there yet. However, it will also "suffer" for some styling missing after import.

I believe that before that time comes, we could prepare fast importer that could import templates from all Designs as one big pack. It could result in a big pack of templates being imported to your Elementor library, like 100 templates maybe. However, then you would have access to all of them. Still, it will be a lot of work to even prepare this importer :-)

What do you think about such a solution?

------

So how to import content from few Designs(today)?

You can import all selected Designs (one by one) to your installation and export only selected templates in Elementor. Just be sure to not use option Remove current content - https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/installation-updating/importing-designs/importer-configuration/

I know it is not the best solution, but we are not there yet with the flexibility that you want from our Designs importer:-)

With kind regards.