Before you ask please READ THIS

Troubles viewing the them in both iphone 4 and iPad (not retina)

edited November 2012 in Hypershot Posts: 60
I did test my site on an iPad ( and iphone 4 ) both are not running on the new OS
But on both iphone 4 and ipad the site is not working correctly . is it normal ?

for exemple on the ipad , as you scroll down on a page the footer with the copyright stays in place , so at a certain point of the scroll , you got the footer floating in the middle of the page .
on the iphone on landscape mode , when you select a picture to see it bigger , it ends up but displaying a corner of the picture on the side of the screen, absolutely not possible to see the picture full .
on the ipad , it shows you the picture bigger if you selected and click on it , but graphicaly the cross graphic to close the picture looks oversized regarding the picture size .
not complaining at all , as your work is really great , I just want to know if I can " trust " it for many of my client and viewers that are using ipad and istuffs :)
Please let me know
thanks

Comments

• AirAir
    Berniblue said: for exemple on the ipad , as you scroll down on a page the footer with the copyright stays in place
    It is common issue on IOS. They don't support proper position: fixed in CSS. I run IOS 6 on new Ipad and it is fixed there
    Berniblue said: when you select a picture to see it bigger , it ends up but displaying a corner of the picture on the side of the screen, absolutely not possible to see the picture full .
    Are you running newest hypershot version, cause we have fixed this in HS 1.0.1

To be honest we released first version of Hypershot with only testing on emulators of Ipad, Iphone, and other, and they not always behave like real thing. We just bought first mobile device which is newest Ipad, and whole this week I am spending on improvements for it. I can see there is a lot things that should be tweaked, so I am working on in ATM :-)

Thanks for your report:-)

With regards.
  • hi , I did the update of the theme on 1.0.1 and it still does not work properly . Does it mean that it will work on ios6 ? for sure ? on both ipad and iphone ?
    thanks
  • AirAir
    I am testing hypershot constantly now on Ipad and working on all issue. Nothing of your list is working better with new version? Could you post some screen shots with links?

With regards.
  • I would love to but my iphone upper button is dead :) so I cannot take any screen shoot anymore .
  • AirAir
    LOL ;-) So just tell me if all issues you mentioned earlier still appears. Also if you can please confirm that on our demo page http://themes.apollo13.eu/hypershot/ it is also broken. Thanks!
  • Hi sorry we did test on a ipad 2 retina , running the iOs 5.x and it make Safari quit ! :) no kidding.
  • to be sincere , I am actually holding the site on a subfolder of my site root online because it s not working properly on both iphone and ipad . ( even other post now are saying the same )
    and that picture on Themeforest really make us think it will be all good :(
    fullresponsive.jpg
    619 x 370 - 71K
  • AirAir
    Air said: Nothing of your list is working better with new version?
    Air said: So just tell me if all issues you mentioned earlier still appears
    Instead of sad face and posting our promo materials just please answer :-)

As I explained in other topic before we released Hypershot we tested it on emulators. From a week I got real device(iPad 4) and I am constantly checking how does it work. I don't have any other devices to test on but I can tell that most issues are gone with 1.0.1 version, and even more will go away with next version of hypershot.

Writing "because it s not working properly on both iphone and ipad" tells nothing, need more details and confirmations from other devices users.

Other case is that there is no way to prepare any software totally bug free without real life users, cause there are just literally millions ways of things that in some circumstances can break.

So don't put hurting statements, but help us bring better hypershot for you:-) = bring more details , bring more screnshots, bring more live links to your issues!

With kindly regards.
  • sure , and I did not post anything based on a negative meaning . The think is that I only can tell you what I told you .
    on a ipad 1 running an old version of the iOs ( 4x ) it works but the the footer stay locked and then , browsing down , it reaming somewhere up where it was ... the update did not change on this .
    On a ipad 3 retina , I did test it with the one of a friend , and I can't send any pictures as calling the site make the app crash .
    on my iphone 4 running iOS 4x same footer trouble , when clicking on a picture on the grid does not show the picture bigger but open another page , where it display the image in big .
    I m not complaining at all and I would love to help . I was just pointing that viewing the adv of the theme showing both iMac, iphone and ipad , I did not tough a minutes that the theme would have any trouble with the istuff family ;-)
    And not complaining at all , just holding my site update where I tough it will be done already :-)
  • AirAir
    Now that it some info:-)
    Berniblue said: On a ipad 3 retina , I did test it with the one of a friend , and I can't send any pictures as calling the site make the app crash .
    I was just reading about IPad crushes as you wrote this post, like here http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/87980-safari-crashes-closes-unexpectedly.html
    For sure it has something to do with hypershot scripts, but it could also be cause of too much images are loaded and resized.
    It is a shame that when Safari crashes on Ipad it doesn't left any info, so I am clueless where does it come from, but I will do my best to find solution.
    Berniblue said: on a ipad 1 running an old version of the iOs ( 4x ) it works but the the footer stay locked and then
    this old IOS issue. I will borrow iPhone 3 from friend, and try to find some fix for it, or just make footer static for touch screens.
    Berniblue said: on my iphone 4 running iOS 4x same footer trouble , when clicking on a picture on the grid does not show the picture bigger but open another page , where it display the image in big .
    This is planned, cause in most cases opened image in lightbox would be smaller then thumbnail, so better to give user access to view full image on new tab. Same with video links.
    Berniblue said: I did not tough a minutes that the theme would have any trouble with the istuff family ;-)
    Believe I thought the same, but now as I got real device, I am amazed how it is not developer friendly and easily "crashable".

I starting to get headache when I fight this iPad/Iphone/smratphones issues:-)

Thanks for help!
  • you are doing a great job and really are helping us to ! thank you for that ;-)
  • AirAir
    Thanks for kind words. Still a lot of work awaits for me to make Hypershot shine:-)