Before you ask please READ THIS

Edit Blog Template

edited April 2019 in Rife Posts: 87
Hi Guys..Happy Tuesday and nearly Easter!

Im looking for some advice on editing the blog template. As its theme coded I cant use elementor pro..

What do you recommend?

I can rebuild a blog template only using Elementor Pro - but will reading>blog still call the WP template??

I really need the option to use Elementor Pro Blocks inside your blog template.

I hope to have something like this

https://kinsta.com/blog/ - see CTA in middle - not too hard

or perfect would be this with pinned post at the top

https://www.lyfemarketing.com/blog/

Also

Related Posts for Blog Page - whats your recommended way to add these in the same category - plugin?? or hard code in template. If its code any chance you can share the code for display in same category only. I know that related posts plugin are a real drain on loading

See example here in screenshot from kinsta

Thanks

Screenshot 2019-04-16 15.02.18.png
1920 x 1080 - 212K
Post edited by MyMetta on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Thanks & Happy upcoming Easter as well ;-)
    MyMetta said: I can rebuild a blog template only using Elementor Pro - but will reading>blog still call the WP template??
    When you will recreate Blog page in Elementor Pro, you will have a normal page, that you can link in your menu. You don't have to worry about the page set in above mentioned setting.
    So design it as you wish:-)
    MyMetta said: Related Posts for Blog Page - whats your recommended way to add these in the same category - plugin?? or hard code in template. If its code any chance you can share the code for display in same category only. I know that related posts plugin are a real drain on loading
    I don't have any recommendation, but if you have found anything that is interesting, please let me know. I will check how it works, and we could style it or add better support for it in Rife.

With kind regards.