Before you ask please READ THIS

Active Sub Pages Parent Menu not highlighted

Hi there,

Realised that once I clicked into the item in the Portfolio page, it got linked to works/ABC which is under the Works section.

However, the Portfolio header did not get highlighted as per expectation.

Any heads up for this to happen? Do I need to edit anywhere in the Portfolio page or Works section to link them up to the corresponding parent menu?

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

Please show me a link to your site, so I could understand it better and investigate.

With kind regards.
  • Hi Air,

Maybe I can explain it based on your Portfolio page.

After you have clicked into Apple Watch or Book MockUp item and goes into the Single page, the Portfolio menu did not get highlighted.

Any way that we can still highlight the ancestor or parent menu?

Currently using the prospero hover effect.

One more thing, how do we reduce the line thickness to 1px for this prospero effect?
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)
    ChristWolves said: After you have clicked into Apple Watch or Book MockUp item and goes into the Single page, the Portfolio menu did not get highlighted.
    If you will check this example https://rifetheme.com/fatmoon-houston/work/apple-watch/ you will see that ancestor / parent menu highlights. But it is because that single work is in the submenu.
    If work/page is not in submenu it cannot highlight an ancestor or parent menu.

ChristWolves said: Currently using the prospero hover effect.

One more thing, how do we reduce the line thickness to 1px for this prospero effect?
    Please us this custom CSS:
    /* Prospero Effect - Line under text */
    .top-menu.menu--prospero > li > a span::before, .top-menu.menu--prospero > li > span.title span::before {
    	height: 1px;
    }
    With kind regards.
  • Hi,

Thanks for the 1px line code snippet for the Prospero Effect - It works.

And yes, the work/page on my site is not in the submenu of the ancester or parent menu, thus not being highlighted as active. Can we add an 'invisible' submenu for the single work page under the works/projects/portfolio tab?
  • AirAir
    ChristWolves said: Can we add an 'invisible' submenu for the single work page under the works/projects/portfolio tab?
    You could hide it with CSS later, but there is no option to make it invisible from the start :-)

With kind regards.