Before you ask please READ THIS

Single Album Main Page Questions

in FatMoon Posts: 28
Hi Air,

I am comparing the two slideshows option you have provided for your customers - Good job for that!

Just want to check with you about the single album carousel on the main page:
1. How can I adjust the duration per photo in the slideshow?
2. Can I optimise the position of the photo view in mobile vertical orientation?
- As in can I have two sets of photo: One for the desktop and one for the vertical mobile view; or
- Can I adjust with one set of photos and choose to display the left, middle or right side of the photo in vertical orientation view?

Besides, for the Slider Revolution:
1. Can I have a click-to-pause feature just like the single album slideshow?
2. As question 2 above - Can I optimise the position of the photo view in mobile vertical orientation with one or two sets of photos?

Comments

  • AirAir
    Posts: 9,799
    Hello:-)

    ChristWolves said: 1. How can I adjust the duration per photo in the slideshow?
    Please go to Appearance → Customize → Albums Settings → Single album – slider → Time between slides.
    ChristWolves said: 2. Can I optimise the position of the photo view in mobile vertical orientation?
    - As in can I have two sets of photo: One for the desktop and one for the vertical mobile view; or
    - Can I adjust with one set of photos and choose to display the left, middle or right side of the photo in vertical orientation view?
    No, there is no such detailed "position per device" option. We plan to add different "Fit images" of slider for mobile devices(below 600px width) but I don't know yet when it will be. However, it will probably not be "device orientiation aware".


    ChristWolves said: Besides, for the Slider Revolution:
    1. Can I have a click-to-pause feature just like the single album slideshow?
    2. As question 2 above - Can I optimise the position of the photo view in mobile vertical orientation with one or two sets of photos?
    I am not a specialist on using Revolution Slider. If you will have any slider ready and want some help please start new topic with detailed info. I will ask Daniel if he can answer your general questions here.

    With kind regards.
  • Posts: 380
    Hi ChristWolves
    1. Can I have a click-to-pause feature just like the single album slideshow?
    Sorry, from what I know there is no such option in the Revo Slider.
    As question 2 above - Can I optimise the position of the photo view in mobile vertical orientation with one or two sets of photos?
    The same story as in the first point. You can try to work with photos in different resolutions with these options: https://nimb.ws/9GZj0V but I tried to change some settings for images a few minutes ago and I have not found a solution.

    With kind regards,
    Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
  • Posts: 28
    Hi Daniel,

    Thanks for your feedback.

    So using the Single Album full-width display style, there is no way that we can use other set of mobile-friendly (vertical) images for the carousel? Can we try with wp_is_mobile() and !wp_is_mobile() function to change the slide_1 to slide_n when mobile screen is detected?

    Maybe you can assist me to explore on the direction to achieve this.

    Thanks and hear from you soon.
  • AirAir
    Posts: 9,799
    Hello :-)

    What you propose is rather advanced custom work that I can not help you with.
    wp_is_mobile() is not reliable function to take on this case, as this has to be done more in CSS and JS.

    With kind regards.
  • Posts: 28
    Hi there,

    Alrighty, I will explore more on the @media CSS + JS option then to achieve this.

    Thank you.
  • Posts: 28
    Hi Air,

    Do you think I can create two albums at the Albums section, then dynamically switch to the Mobile (With vertical friendly images) or Desktop album depending on the screen width of the device accessing?

    Can you share where does the album name being selected/picked up in the theme file so I can look further into it?

    I think that is the easier solution. Hmmm...
  • AirAir
    Posts: 9,799
    Hey :-)

    I wouldn't go this way, as you will have 2 different contents for the same page, and Google might not like it.

    Maybe you are overthinking this thing. Could you show me your current album, so i could check how it looks, and maybe advise something else?
    ChristWolves said: Can you share where does the album name being selected/picked up in the theme file so I can look further into it?
    I don't think I understand what you are asking here.

    With kind regards.
  • Posts: 28
    Yep sure. In your Inbox. =)
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!