Before you ask please READ THIS

Jerky Scrolling on phone

in Rife Posts: 14
It scrolls OK on my laptop, but starts to jump around when changing direction of scrolling on my phone.
https://www.screencast.com/t/8vUP4ql4i

Chillout II theme

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

From what I see most of the jumping comes from the big image added in Revo Slider. If you would use a smaller size and possibly a more compressed image, you should get better results.

Your image is 2551,7 KB 2480×1651
    Our is 294,91 KB 1800×1200

With kind regards.
    Thanks, I'll give that a go
    Nope still jerky (but only on Firefox).
    I normally use Chrome on my phone and it looks ok. But for testing my website I installed Firefox.
    (I didn't test in chrome before I changed the image size so it may have been ok). But I have noticed that the jump happens when changing scroll direction on the Android Firefox mobile browser.
    When changing scroll direction the bit at the top of the browser (with the URL in), starts to close on up scroll and opens on down scroll.
  • AirAir
    Then it can be connected to the Parallax effect. Hard to tell what exactly causes this.

Could you try to disable this section for mobiles, and check if it will be better?

If yes, maybe you could hide this section on mobiles, and recreate a much simpler version of this section only for mobile resolutions.

With kind regards.