Before you ask please READ THIS

"FATAL ERROR" ON NEWEST UPGRADE

edited September 2015 in Fame Posts: 33
Never had issues uploading the upgrades- use the plugin- super easy.
I have tried to re-upload the newest upgrade a few times now and each time all my pages are lost-
the only thing that shows up below the website logo is " Fatal Error.Call to undefined function vc_map_get attributes() in home/ .."

I have tested my internet connection, re-downloaded on different desktops-- help please
Post edited by emck on

Comments

• edited September 2015 Posts: 33
    WORDPRESS 4.3
    FAME 1.7.1
    List of Plugins- See Photo
    no modifications
    Post edited by emck on
  • xrdxrd
    I had the same error, for me it helped to update Visual Composer to 4.6 before installing the update.
  • AirAir
    Hello there:-)

Yes, I am sorry, but this is exactly as xrd says you need to install new Visual composer in version 4.6 at least. Deeply sorry for this issue. I will take a look to see if this can be patched somehow.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    OK I have checked, and you still should be able to access to admin area. There you should see something like on below screen shot:

And you should follow this instructions. If you don't see such notification, then there is huge chance that you dismissed it in past. In that case you should be able to get to same place by going Appearance->Install plugins

More info about this procedure can be found here: http://apollo13.eu/docs/fame/#!/installation_update_update_theme

Hope this helps.

With kind regards.
    ss-2015-09-11_13-14-24.png
    1120 x 197 - 16K
    ahh awesome- thank you, all running smooth now.
  • Under install plugins, I only see the plugins that aren't installed. I don't see the ones that are installed and just need updating so I can't get to this fix. Is there another way to accessaccess theme plugins for update
    Same issue I think, where can i get the latest Visual Composer version? It doesn't seem to be in the download files of the latest fame update.. many thanks in advance.
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

Lately VC got some code in it that breaks auto updater.

For updating Visual composer try this http://apollo13.eu/docs/thirteen/#installation_update_bundled_plugins_issues
    This is for our other theme, but will still be valid in your case.

Btw. plugin zip is in fame/advance/plugins named js_composer.zip

With kind regards.
    hi, I'm having major problem with the theme update, my webmaster is working on these since last monday and nothing works.. I now have this fatal error:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function a13_is_woocommerce_activated() in /home/www/8c3ad516378bd1dbc1c98255bca74a4f/web/wp/wp-content/themes/fame/advance/head_scripts_styles.php on line 199
    any clue?
    I thought I maybe give a try myself, could you give me a step by step instruction for the update (including with the VC bug)? please note that I have a child theme and I'm a beginner... ;-/
    Thank you so much in advance for your help :-)
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

All our documentation is written for beginners so you can see link attached in previous post for more info. For me it looks like theme either got corrupted during update or you did some modification in theme that are incompatible.
    coris8 said: my webmaster is working on these since last monday
    Really? And what he/she was doing all that week with this easy to follow PHP error? :-)

On your place I would start on reinstalling theme.

If that wont help, then please try deactivating child theme and use normal to see if it work then.

Also you should try disabling plugin as described here http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/12/before-you-ask-read-this-#debug_issue

With kind regards.
    Hi, many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, it wasn't this only problem the webmaster encountered ;-) we'v got plenty. unfortunately he didn't told me about details.
    Ok so I'v tried to update manually Visual Composer with ftp. Now when I want to go in the extension to active it, i cannot access to the extension admin anymore, i get the fatal error:
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 77 bytes) in /home/www/8c3ad516378bd1dbc1c98255bca74a4f/web/wp/wp-includes/pomo/mo.php on line 268
    when i go in my products the admin is broken.. probably because of visual composer. Help!
    Many thanks in advance
    Hi, in order to get solution I'v decided to buy the Visual Composer license to get the latest version of the plugin. so I bought it, downloaded the latest plugin version, and installed it, it all worked so far, unless that the visual composer is still not working. it's maybe because I cannot enter the license key of the purchased plugin, but i dont see the license tab in the visual composer settings. Here what visual composer support says:
    2.5 I don't see License tab in Visual Composer settings
    It could be so that your WP theme author disabled License tab of Visual Composer within his/her theme configuration. It is necessary to contact theme author directly to get information on how to enable License tab by removing his/her custom blocker.
    many thanks in advance i really hope it will help to complete these updates..!
    Best
    After that i'll have to update Fame, but how to do it without overwriting the latest version of visual composer I bought? thank you for your help on all these problems
  • AirAir
    Hello again :-)
    coris8 said: After that i'll have to update Fame, but how to do it without overwriting the latest version of visual composer I bought? thank you for your help on all these problems
    Updating theme wont overwrite your updated VC, as it checks for lowest compatible version, and if you have higher version it wont do anything to it.

Why do you think it is VC related issue? What version of it have you had previously?

For me it looks like some server misconfiguration. Where do you have server now?

Anyway if you want to enter VC license code, go to fame\advance\apollo13.php line ~143 and remove this
    vc_set_as_theme(true);

With kind regards.