Before you ask please READ THIS

these social icons are not showing

Dear Air - I noticed today that my social icons are not showing on Chrome even though they are showing on Safari. That's quite strange right? Also is there a way to customize a social icon - I use "The Knot" service which is a big deal in wedding industry. My site is www.jakemillerphoto.com

Comments

• AirAir
    edited January 2016 Posts: 10,970
    Hello:-)
    jakemillerphoto said: I noticed today that my social icons are not showing on Chrome even though they are showing on Safari.
    I didn't notice any issues with your site on Chrome, so hard to say what could be going on there.
    jakemillerphoto said: Also is there a way to customize a social icon - I use "The Knot" service which is a big deal in wedding industry.
    Again hidden question in one topic.
    There is special last field in social settings, named "Custom", you can enter there your link.
    If you need to change image for it then add this custom CSS with your image in it.
    a.a13_soc-custom {
    background: transparent url("images/socials.png") no-repeat scroll 0px 0px !important;
    }
    With kind regards.
    ss-2016-01-19_19-23-12.png
    254 x 47 - 1K
    Post edited by Air on
  • Here's a screen grab from Chrome just now. No social icons.
    Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 12.46.29 PM.png
    1328 x 213 - 291K
  • More detail here now. The icons only doesn't show up in Chrome but the squares do. Bizarre.
    Please explain to me where I find this "Custom" field in social settings and where the CSS would go; into the Custom CSS widget you've provided with the theme or right into the URL link filed in socials?
    Please be thorough in your explanation so we can resolve this quickly. Thank you.
    Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 1.01.46 PM.png
    307 x 286 - 19K
  • I do see where I can enter custom urls to social media sites in the Social services tab of course... is this the place I should insert the custom CSS?
    Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 1.03.16 PM.png
    290 x 397 - 37K
  • AirAir
    edited January 2016 Posts: 10,970
    jakemillerphoto said: Please explain to me where I find this "Custom" field in social settings
    I posted screen shot in previous post so you wouldn't miss it but you did ;-)
    I see on your screen shot that you don't see social icons on left of inputs. Or is it just cut screen shot?
    See my screen shot:

As for custom CSS you insert it in custom CSS :-) Input you ask about is only for your link.

PS. What theme version do you use?

With kind regards.
    ss-2016-01-20_13-19-40.png
    266 x 803 - 18K
    Post edited by Air on
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 65
    That's interesting the icons don't show in the customizer or on my footer in my Chrome only in Safari.
    Post edited by jakemillerphoto on
  • That's interesting the icons don't show in the customizer or on my footer in my Chrome only in Safari.
    Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 9.00.04 AM.png
    429 x 554 - 78K
  • Oh and I use your Photon.
  • Oh wait.. I will need 2-3 custom social links not just one. Suggestions?
  • I found the problem with the socials not showing.. my add on extension in chrome "adblock" was preventing the icons from showing up. I don't know why though since that icon png is up on my own site. weird.
  • Ok I understand that this icon file I would point to in the custom CSS has to have some special formatting to it so it changes color on mouse over. Do you have the specifications for that? Remember I'm a wedding photographer not a CSS programmer so please explain at my level.
  • AirAir
    jakemillerphoto said: Oh and I use your Photon.
    I asked about version number. I know that you use Photon :-) But nevermind, I have already checked it by myself.
    jakemillerphoto said: Oh wait.. I will need 2-3 custom social links not just one. Suggestions?
    That is custom work beyond support power.
    jakemillerphoto said: Ok I understand that this icon file I would point to in the custom CSS has to have some special formatting to it so it changes color on mouse over. Do you have the specifications for that? Remember I'm a wedding photographer not a CSS programmer so please explain at my level.
    As above, this is to big customization for support. You can use standard icon that is provided for custom social link and it will work and look fine.

If you really need to put there "this service" icon, then you can edit social icons image and instead of this "small arrow"(that is by default displayed for custom social), put there what you like. In your case it will be file located in photon-a13/images/socials.png - there you can edit its all three states(colors).
    Now that I think, same way you can achieve your three custom social services. Just edit icons of services that you will not use.

With kind regards.