Before you ask please READ THIS

About to get a new license.

in Photon Posts: 91
Hello and congrats for this theme.

I have two licenses of Hypershot (very happy with them) and one of the things I like most is its awesome speed in bricks galleries. I do not see lazy load on this one description and the demos do not have enough photos to check that. I have seen other people's photon sites, but have not found anybody with optimized weight photos. So my first question is:

-Is this theme as fast as Hypershot? (Does it have lazy load or something similar?). Compare with www.lolaaragon.com for example. I have tried demo and have seen http://www.alcaidesa.photography/ but one does not have enough photos and the other does not have optimized weigh ones. They look slower for me.

-Is it compatible with Thrive Content Builder? (important for me this time)

-Is there a way to get back the arrow to scroll upwards in galleries?

-Is WP Content Protection pro included? (just in case)

-Is there a way to change color of cloud circle animation (it does not change as the others).

Also, there is something that would make totally perfect for me Hypershot and Photon themes... As Albums of albums are now filtered and also posts in blog... Is there a way to get filtered masonry galleries too? (by category, tag, genre, album it belongs to... whatever). I would love to pay for that customization if it was relatively feasible. It would be awesome. (I sent you a couple of emails to info@apollo13.eu but got no answer. Please contact me if you want to discuss about that matter). Please tell me you are working on that or at least thinking of it already.

Thanks and congrats for this great theme again.

Comments

Hello Lalouetto and thank you for the fact that you are our regular customer :)

You can see the lazy load in action here: http://demo.apollo13.eu/album/gallery-description/

1) Yes, of course depends on the optimization of images. Our main goal was to create better theme than Hypershot. Please check your inbox here in the forum. I sent you the private message.
    2) I do not know whether it is compatible with the Thrive Content Builder. You must try it for yourself.
    3) Sorry, there is no up arrow. But there is a lot of external plugins like this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/scroll-back-to-top/.
    4) No, the WP Content Protection Pro plugin is not included. Author of this plugin is not selling the extended license.
    5) For this cloud preloader - this is possible by CSS, but is not easy change, as it requires many overwrites, as it is not simple color, put composition of various box-shadows.

Galleries doesn't have anything that it could be filtered by, so this is not possible. We designed it so it such album/galery would be "last step" that doesn't require any filtering more.

One last thing. I have not received any emails from you. I also looked in the spam folder but found nothing.

Thank you again.
    With Regards
    Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
    Hello again :)

I have to confess that since I got my first Hypershot license, I have been waiting for those filtered galleries, as I thought it would be something that a lot of people would find useful. Let me insist a little and tell you my thoughts :) .

-About the parameter to be filtered on the images of the galleries, I think something like tags or categories would work fine (I know very very little about code but from my ignorance it looks easy to add tags or categories to images (like here?: http://code.tutsplus.com/articles/applying-categories-tags-and-custom-taxonomies-to-media-attachments--wp-32319 ) and then use the same filter you use in album lists).

-There are two main reasons why I think it would be gorgeous to have filtered images on masonry galleries: speed and look:

Right now, if I have 3 galleries like Still life, Portraits and Fashion, f.e., if I want to go from one to another I have to do at least two clicks and wait for a full reloading of the new gallery. Every time. Those are a lot of clicks and waiting time. If I mixed all those photos on one masonry, only one click would take you from one gallery's material to another, without no-photos-screen waiting and would take advantage of the speed of your masonry galleries. Speed is not only interesting for users but also for Google rank.

Also, my visitors could have a look at all my work at a glance and make a global idea, filtering directly to any field if they want. I think that a filtered masonry gallery in my case is a much more beautiful and fast way of changing galleries than going to menu, submenu, and load another gallery (or loading again the album list and clicking on another gallery and loading).

As you have already worked on aplying filters elsewhere, I want to think that aplying them to the images on a masonry gallery once they have tags or categories does not have to be a work from zero, is it? (excuse my ignorance, please).

I am not going to insist more, but really I think it would be an spectacular enhancement for this theme if it could filter the images on a masonry gallery. It would be awesome, wonderful and marvelous and if this was my language I would write a lot more synonyms XD.

About that cloud preloader, apart from photos, my new site is going to be very black and white focused except one color (for buttons on CTAs, links...) but it will not be turquoise. As I said, I do not know much about code but if you tell me in what file to look for that animation color, I can try to find and change it all the times it appears. In fact I like that animation a lot and would like to use it.

Thank you again and please consider filtered masonry images :) . They are a fast and beautiful way. They make people happy and breakfast taste better :D

Best regards
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)
    Lalouetto said: I have to confess that since I got my first Hypershot license, I have been waiting for those filtered galleries, as I thought it would be something that a lot of people would find useful.
    Have you ever wrote about it before? Cause I don't see it in your topic history :-)
    Lalouetto said: About that cloud preloader, apart from photos, my new site is going to be very black and white focused except one color (for buttons on CTAs, links...) but it will not be turquoise
    You have many more preloaders to choose from, and some can have changed colors by options in panel: http://apollo13.eu/docs/photon/#!/layout_page_preloader

About your main issue:
    I believe that such feature may be useful to someone. However what you write about in your case is not good structure in my opinion. I would rather focus on one small album with 1-2 photos from each category, maybe even linking them to whole category(which is possible in theme), just so you can use it as sample of your talent.
    Then create albums as it is on our demo - various categories, with various albums with images - for people that really want to see it all.

I don't claim this is best way, but this is just how it designed to perform best.
    Slider on front page for showing your taste and samples. Deeper albums in masonry for details.

There are also many technical difficulties with such thing, but I will skip them for now, as there is other much bigger problem - economy.

At present time we would be making such feature specially for you. Why? Cause if theme has 300~ sales after year of being on ThemeForest then this not success, not even enough for paying bills ;-) Photon just didn't catch up, and that is a shame, cause we really gave our hearts into it.
    So currently giving 2 weeks+ for developing, retesting and resolving few edge cases, just for one extremely happy user:-) is just not possible for us.

We are happy that you like it so much - that is very nice. However if you only would write to us year ago, then it would be different story :-)

With kind regards.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 91
    Hi Air,
    Air said: Have you ever wrote about it before? Cause I don't see it in your topic history :-)
    I have not. As I said, I have been waiting.
    Air said: You have many more preloaders to choose from, and some can have changed colors by options in panel: http://apollo13.eu/docs/photon/#!/layout_page_preloader
    I know. I have tried your demo and that is the one I like (I guess I can add more preloaders, am I wrong?). I am talking of changing it myself but if you can not tell me where to look, do not worry. I would have to do extra work on my side. You really can not tell me where to look?

About filtered galleries, from my more than 15 years of professional photographer working with top level magazines and several years with your Hypershot theme, I can tell you that browsing time is a crucial parameter. Your suggestion is very slow to browse and that is one of the reasons why I am so interested on them, as I explained. You have to think that your potential client does not want to be there and does not have time to waste. I disagree with your opinion based on my experience. Time is money.
    Air said: At present time we would be making such feature specially for you. Why?
    Well, as I said, I would love to pay for that customization, did not you see it? Maybe it would be too expensive, maybe not. I am still waiting for an answer about it on my private inbox. I was guessing it is not that difficult but you are the expert.
    Air said: However if you only would write to us year ago, then it would be different story :-)
    Well I have the intention to buy a license for this theme and now is one year before next year. Now is when I am asking for a price or for intentions of updating. I think this theme would be much better with that enhancement. If you are not going that way, I will have to look for another solution for that. I am just asking and giving you my opinion if you want to give it any credit.

I am sorry to read that Photon is not working as you would like and I know of your hard work. Before I got Hypershot, I looked at many many options and I am very happy with it (although missing filtered galleries on it too ;) ) . These years are being difficult on some fields. including photography. Give it some time.

Ok so I just stay waiting in case you want to give me the name of that file to edit that color and in case you have a number for that work (if you say it is a two weeks work maybe it would be too much, but who knows; as I said, I thought it would be a much easier work) . Anyway, I am surely getting the 301~ license if it helps a little.

Cheers.
    Post edited by Lalouetto on
    Hello.

I already found that cloud_circle.css file and changed the rgb value of its border and its box-shadow. It was very very easy even for me and I wonder why you did not want to help me with that. I had to learn some stuff about css and files organization and could have saved some hours. I hope it is not because I still have not bought this theme license.

Now I wonder if coding that gallery filtering will really be that difficult or for some reason you have decided not to help me. Or maybe you are upset with Photon theme and do not want to sell it more? I don't know.

Anyway, I will wait in case you are interested in coding that customization.

Cheers.
  • AirAir
    edited June 2016 Posts: 10,970
    Hi there:-)
    Lalouetto said: I know. I have tried your demo and that is the one I like (I guess I can add more preloaders, am I wrong?). I am talking of changing it myself but if you can not tell me where to look, do not worry. I would have to do extra work on my side. You really can not tell me where to look?
    Sorry I have missed part when you ask about it. I was too focused on your main case.
    Lalouetto said: It was very very easy even for me and I wonder why you did not want to help me with that. I had to learn some stuff about css and files organization and could have saved some hours.
    Well I am glad it was easy for you. Majority of our clients that asks on forum wouldn't be able to do it, and that is why I said it is not easy. Anyway I would ask you to create new topic for this question, but as you already cleared this then no matter.
    Lalouetto said: I hope it is not because I still have not bought this theme license.
    Well no in this is case, but indeed generally we give support to those that bought theme, this is how it works :-) I know you know that :-)
    We have gave you theme so you could test does it suit you, and making support for you before you decide to use it(buy it) or not, is not what I should do. But as I said, in this case I just missed your question(that is why we ask for new topic for new questions ;-) ).
    Lalouetto said: Now I wonder if coding that gallery filtering will really be that difficult or for some reason you have decided not to help me. Or maybe you are upset with Photon theme and do not want to sell it more? I don't know.
    I think you got wrong impression. We still love theme, we just working hard on our new "child" now so we can earn some money for next months. So spending any extra time on "feature for one user" in theme that just doesn't sell is now not possible.

Would it be easier then I said? Well doing it sloppy would take two days. What takes extra time is testing it for clashing with other theme features, and finding solution for things like:
    "What happens when you filter not fully loaded album. Should it try to load other items from this category? What if there are no more items form this category, and there are 1000 images. It will suck all 1000 while not showing any new photo"
    There are few such cases that needs solution including current architecture of things.
    Lalouetto said: I disagree with your opinion based on my experience. Time is money.
    That is totally fine. It just doesn't correspond with current design of Photon theme.
    Lalouetto said: Well, as I said, I would love to pay for that customization, did not you see it?
    I did not ;-) However we never do personal paid customization. I would rather do it for you for free and add it to theme, but still same thing is problem - resources.
    Lalouetto said: Now is when I am asking for a price or for intentions of updating. I think this theme would be much better with that enhancement.
    I think so to - every new feature makes it better product;-)

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 91
    Oh I did not know you did not do paid customizations.

Then I just hope that with time you will find that enhancement useful and interesting for you too and meanwhile I will work with menu-submenu pattern and maybe look for external coders in mid term future.

For my new project, portfolio is not directly the center of the site but just another parallel info menu and I find filtered galleries a more suitable way.

I see you have pages to browse your masonry blog, unless your masonry gallery's lazy load and I guess you have already been fighting those side problems and evaluating that option.

Thanks and again congrats for this theme too.
    Post edited by Lalouetto on
  • AirAir
    Lalouetto said: I see you have pages to browse your masonry blog, unless your masonry gallery's lazy load and I guess you have already been fighting those side problems and evaluating that option.
    I am not sure what you mean here, so I can't reply unfortunately.

With kind regards.
    I mean that while masonry galleries are not separated on pages, but they load forever as there are photos, using lazy load, masonry blog posts are separated on pages. You get down of page 1 and have to go to next page and so on.

I already got my license and am already playing with it, so I will open other threads with doubts soon.

Thanks.
  • AirAir
    Yes, in Photon we don't have lazy load blog, so only option there is Paged version.

With kind regards.