Before you ask please READ THIS

Footer opener

in Photon Posts: 91
Hi,

The first day I had my new theme I played a little to get used to it and changed the little icon that opens the footer on my homepage and only there. Since then, I have been searching where to change it again and I cannot find it. I guess it is something related only to that page but really cannot find where it is no matter how much I search. Can you give me a hand, please?

Thanks.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Do I understand right - you have changed icon of footer opener and now you forgot when you changed and ask to remind you where it is in code? :-)

With kind regards.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 91
    Air said: Do I understand right - you have changed icon of footer opener and now you forgot when you changed and ask to remind you where it is in code? :-)
    Yes, I changed the default one to this one:

I don't remember how I did, but it had to be an easy way. I know very little code (in fact I get no answer from those 2 threads, sorry). There has to be a place where you can choose what icon to use there, isn't it?

In fact I don't dislike that icon but it only works on homepage. On the rest of the site is the default icon.
    Post edited by Lalouetto on
  • AirAir
    Ooo that is a different story. So it sound like you changed it with custom CSS. It is probably using selector specific for homepage, and that is why you see it getting back to normal. If you could post here live link to your site, then I could check how to rewrite this CSS for you, so it would work on every page.

With kind regards.
    Ok, this is going to sound a little weird but I am telling you what I know by now:

My first day with Photon was my first day with Thrive Content Builder too, so I played a little, importing videos, texts, columns and so on.... and also icons. It has an icon manager that lets you import free icons from Icomoon and so I did. What I have now is that when I put on my homepage an icon (in my case I put pacman), that footer switch icon changes to the one I showed you (it works perfectly, changing colors and turning downside when footer is open). If I remove pacman, that switch goes back to its default form :) . That icon of the footer is part of the set of icons that comes with that pacman, but I don't remember telling my site to change that icon anywhere (no custom css).

I am making some more tests today to see what else I can get but by now, that is the funkyness of code.
    Ok, as soon as I put ANY icon on any page, that switch changes to that new one... I am wondering, just making suppositions... That icon on the new set of icons' name is "icon-switch". Is it possible that it has the same name as your theme's one and that has anything to do? Something to do with icon fonts? Just guessing...

Hehe, if we don't get the answer to this, I will have to put any icon on every page (even the same color as background to make them invisible) just to have the same icon. I wonder how to do it on albums pages for example...
    I just removed that icon from the set and uploaded that icon font again. Everything is solved but I had to enter again some widgets I had already set on footer.

I guess the problem was that that icon had the same name as your icon? I don't know but there was some fighting code there. If you add an icon font with one icon with same name and you use any icon on a page, you get your icon changed on that page.

I thought it had been me who had changed that icon and didn't remember how, so I got a little crazy and wasted some hours searching. I hope this helps.

Cheers.
  • AirAir
    It is exactly as you say - we use icon moon also. We have created some subset with icons that we use in theme. Probably when you want to use icon, it embeds whole subset, even icons you don't need, and they overwrite our subset.

I don't know what can be done in this case, cause, this is either problem on Font level or CSS overwrites.

If you post link to your site, when wrong icon is active then maybe I will have some idea.

With kind regards.
    I already fixed that, Air, as I told you. Right now I have my site in maintenance mode as I play a little and build it. Just removed the new icon from my set and your default icon is working fine.

If I see another icon playing funky, I already know it hasn't been me :)

Thanks.
  • AirAir
    Oooh great :-) Then treat previous post as confirmation of your solution ;-)