Before you ask please READ THIS

Woocommerce columns

in Fame Posts: 13
my site was showing the 4 columns for the products in visual composer and then all of a sudden the columns got split , i'm not sure if its because the plugin needs an update but the screens previous and after should give better insight , i have put the site in maintenance to avoid visitors from commenting

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

As your page is maintenance mode I can't confirm what happened. However I am almost sure this is effect of some other plugin that you used, that optimizes or compresses scripts/styles. So as we advise please test disabling other plugins first http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/12/before-you-ask-read-this-#debug_issue

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    I have found possible issue, so be prepared for tomorrow update!
    I have disabled other plugins and still to no avail , if you would like my credentials for wordpress you could send me an email or i could sent it here. But disabling plugins didn't work . Thank you
    I need the site back up , im missing out on sales , whats happening ? plugins aren't the issue
  • AirAir
    ThemeForest rejected our update from some stupid reason but no matter.
    Try adding this file(unzip it first) to fame\woocommerce

It should fix this. If is connected to recent changes in WooCommerce plugin.

With kind regards.
    zip
    zip
    content-product.zip
    Thank you , that did the trick , what was the issue in the code in case an update should happen i can manipulate the code myself.
  • AirAir
    Good :-)
    reema04 said: what was the issue in the code in case an update should happen i can manipulate the code myself.
    WooCommerce stopped using some loop in that file, you can check it if you compare old and new version of this file.
    However you shouldn't bother, cause this will not be a problem anymore.
    When tomorrow update(for theme) will appear, please use it cause it fixes one more issue.

With kind regards.
    Also visual composer needs an update i think there should be a better option rather than have to be contacting the authors all the time , you guys need a drop box link accessible to all with a purchase code and we just go there and download what we need.
    another issue remains , the wishlist and cart icon on hover are out of place
    Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 10.09.19 AM.png
    253 x 380 - 91K
  • AirAir
    reema04 said: Also visual composer needs an update
    It is in update rejected by ThemeForest. Tomorrow they will accept it.
    reema04 said: i think there should be a better option rather than have to be contacting the authors all the time
    Updates are served through ThemeForest all the time. We just have number of themes to check, and we need time to respond to update of various plugins(check what changes in it, and what it means for theme), do support on forum, and creating new themes. All require time :-)

So either if you would or wouldn't write in comments for theme, we would do it in exactly same time.
    reema04 said: another issue remains , the wishlist and cart icon on hover are out of place
    Wait for tomorrow update, and if it still happen, then please create new topic for this issue.

With kind regards.
    Hi my Friend,
    I had the same problem with my website after the last updates, but even if I downloaded and installed your zip file my situation is still the same.
    I've already deactivated all the plugins, but with no result.
    Can you help me?
    Website is www.italiaamoremio.it.
    Thanks
    Gabriele
    screenshot_apollo.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 144K
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)

Have you update theme and WooCommerce to most recent version? Maybe some changes that you did across whole time are messing now(it is possible).

With kind regards.
    Yep.. I have update everything...
    I can try to re-install fame theme, what do you think?
  • AirAir
    Hold up, I was able to recreate it, so I should be able to fix it from theme level.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Unzip file from attachment, and upload it to fame\advance\utilities - it will fix it.

Don't worry same change will be in next update.

Thanks for reporting this!

With kind regards.
    zip
    zip
    woocommerce.zip
    Working perfectly ... thanks a lot
    Gabriele
  • AirAir
    I am glad :-)

Thanks for coffee!
    This comment is pretty late but could help in the el futuro.. if you download the Woocommerce Customizer Plugin.. It will override everything and one of the options is specifying how many columns, products per column, and total products on each cart page. -- that way will never alter. You can also change the wording for different tabs, etc. Woot!
  • AirAir
    Interesting :-) Thanks for sharing!
    Hi, I am having the same problem with the Fame theme (1.8.1). I have updated the 'content-product.php' file but no change. I wanted to confirm the following before I upload 'woocommerce.php' file. Do I need to update to WC 2.6 first?
    Issue with Visual Composer.png
    1404 x 1408 - 1M
  • AirAir
    Yes, you need new WC and and theme version. If you made any modification to theme files, then remove them, to make sure it doesn't interfere in case of this issue.

With kind regards.
    Hi, unfortunately I have the same issue I've updated Wordpress + Woocommerce + Fame, but I have now 2 columns.. (instead of 4 as before the update) and Visual Composer is broken..
    http://www.kissthedesign.ch/categorie-produit/design-vintage/sieges-vintage/
    I'm working with a child theme.
    Any clue?
    Many thanks in advance for your help :-)
    Best

PS: I have the woo commerce customizer but the changes dont work
    I send you attached the customized style.css.
    Maybe you can find the code that make the columns issue.
    it won't help for the broken Visual Composer though..
    many thanks for your help.
    Best
    docx
    docx
    child-theme-css.docx
    Hi it looks like the columns issue come from the content-product.php that is outdated on my child theme, I attach here the content-product.php of my child theme, can you see what lines should be modify in order to be compatible but to keep my modifications?
    Also I did some tests and it's sure that woo commerce did break Visual Composer.. :-(
    Many thanks in advance for your help
    here the content-product.php of my child theme
    zip
    zip
    content-product.php.zip
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)

Sorry but we don't fix issues caused by your modification http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/12/before-you-ask-read-this-#support_not_includes

Use tools to compare files like WinMerge to see what should be changed in content-product.php to have your changes and also what is esential for proper work. This topic might help in removing things from your version https://wordpress.org/support/topic/26-update-product-column-display-is-wrongwrong-number-of-products-shown

You should remove all modification that interferes with proper work of your site, and then gradually add them step by step to find what should be changed/removed/fixed.

As for Visual Composer - make sure you installed latest version of it with Theme update (VC 4.12) and after it inserting shortcode for product on your new page, to see if it will fix it. Best would be also to start separate topic for this case.

With kind regards.
    Thanks for your tips regarding the columns I'v found out the buggy code by merging both content-product.php :-) I still have the Visual Composer issue, but did open a new topic for it... Thanks!
    Best
  • AirAir
    Great!